“Food is good but I can't get past the look of the joint.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Burger Barge

Burger Barge
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in East Peoria
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Food is good but I can't get past the look of the joint.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Every weekend the Burger Barge is packed. There is a cult following for this place. The burgers are good, but it is hard for me to get past the atmosphere. Some might refer to it as a dive, but to me there was no effort put into the place looking good. The food is not served on plates, but on plastic cafeteria style trays. I ordered nachos and it was just piled on. Wierd. The tables always have a sticky feeling to it. It never feels clean. I often wonder if they ever have trouble passing inspections from the health department.

If you are looking for a good burger, by all means try this place. Don't expect anything more than a dive.

• Visited February 2012

“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

A very fun place with a casual atmosphere. It has a beachy feel from the moment you walk through the door. It's a bit "divey" but in the best way possible. My husband and I both had burgers and they were great! I usually don't care for charbroiled hamburger but these have changed my mind. Juicy and flavorful. I had the moo shroom burger which features a battered portabella on top along with Swiss cheese and grilled onions. It was wonderful! I don't remember the name of the burger my husband had but it featured sliced ham, grilled onions and a fried egg on top of the burger. It also was wonderful. My toddler son had a hot dog that was grilled...he ate almost the entire thing and it was a foot long! We will most certainly be back..... I'm already looking forward to it!

IL
“Good food!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

The food is always good, but the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. It's better when the weather is good and you can sit outside.

2 Thank jbmiller
Peoria, Illinois
“big, drippy, yummy, hamburgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

not the place for lean fare. nice patio on the river. good basic bar.

Peoria, Illinois
“Great hole in the wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

There have been some little additions added to the place, that make it more fun, especially in the summer months. great view of the river, and great burgers.