“Worth a look”

Motel 6 Peoria - East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Reviewed May 20, 2011

OK, let's face it. Motel 6 does not have the best reputation among business travelers. But this location is worth a look. Yes, it is an older hotel and there are stains on the carpeting. Amenities are few, but the rooms are clean, beds comfortable, cable/HBO, and several rooms have internet access (additional fee).

I have been coming here since March 2011 and have seen continual improvements. Since the new hotel manager has taken over, the staff is more professional, new pillows have been purchased, maintenance repairs are being made in a timely manner, slowly but surely they are purchasing new towels, housekeeping does a great job. All in all, the new manager is bringing this location up to a better reputation and standard. The next improvement will be new bedspreads. The maintenance personnel is out every morning cleaning up the grounds. The whole 2nd floor has been repainted and they are starting the first floor this week.

Don't like something, just let her know. I had an issue that was reported twice to the front desk (the previous employees). When it wasn't handled, I e-mailed the manager and within 10 minutes the issue was corrected. I had an issue on this stay and it was corrected by the time I returned.

There is a drawback. The floors are paper thin. You can hear the second floor guests walking, taking showers, flushing toilets but that is usually before you go to sleep and after you wake up. A word of warning, until you get used to it, there is a train that blows its whistle about 2am. Now I sleep right through it. It that concerns you, ask for a room on the north side of the building.

It still has a long way to go, but the journey has started. Great work Kristen Russell.

Room Tip: Always ask for a discount
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dmcapistran

Reviewed December 23, 2010

I had stayed a few months back and the Motel was not the cleanest. It appears that the new General Manager that took over in November has a new direction for the property. After speaking with her I will be coming back every we are in the area. If you had been here before it would be worth stopping back by and seeing the changes and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am from Peoria area and am very sad to say this hotel is still the same way it was years back and still not improving. I'm not sure who runs the place but from all the reviews on here it should be shut down due to health code violations. I have heard many local stories that its also a hotel by the hour if you know what I mean. Its the almost the cheapest hotel in the area for "couples" to go to. I recommend the Super 8 if you are looking for affordable stay in East Peoria, it may be right off the interstate but I'm sure you don't hear the traffic as much now since they raised it up in the air more, the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank India1983
Reviewed September 7, 2010

First of all when we walked in one of the beds was only partly made, and the room was supposedly non smoking but reeked of smoke, there was no clock,no tv remote, the toilet was black (nasty) the floors looked dirty the night stand was stained,there was pets in the building was woke up by a dog barking early in the morning.The only good thing about this place is the location and the front desk people were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pyromann1
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was traveling alone with my 4 month old baby girl. The desk clerk was aware of this because I called before arrival. I made it inside the office carrying my bag, my daughter's bag and my daughter. The clerk hands me my key card and sends me back to my car with ALL my luggage to drive around to the back of the motel! I make it to the room get the baby settled we are finally asleep and I hear a DOG barking and barking in the HALLWAY! And what sounded like a toddler aged child opening and closing the door directly across the hall. OPEN..CLOSE..OPEN..CLOSE This went on til around 2am. In the shower there is MOLD all over the shower curtain and inside the bathroom mirror. GROSS. The room was FILTHY. I went to talk to someone about my terrible experience at checkout and there was no manager on site. I gave the clerk my contact info no one bothered to call me. Never again will I spend my money on another Motel 6!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank macksmomma
Reviewed May 28, 2010

If its a hot and muggy day in Illinois, I would suggest anywhere but here! Our room was absolutely sweltering upon arrival. We turned the AC on full blast and hit the town, thinking that we would return to a cool room. Several hours later the room was still unbearably hot. I asked the front desk clerk if we could switch rooms, a simple request that seemed to really irritate him. This room proved no better, the air conditioner units are just too small for these rooms. We checked out that night and requested our money back.. further annoying the staff who slammed stuff around and all but threw my receipt at me.. Yikes. The next hotel we tried was comparably priced and the AC was great, free wifi (at this hotel, you need to pay $3 and only a handful of rooms have access) and great staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abcpottery
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed here because it was prebooked through a friend. We checked out less than 30 minutes after checking in. I know you get what you pay for, but a chain motel that wants to maintain a good reputation should at least provide clean rooms. I could live with the fact that there is no tub (only a corner shower), the room was small, and the hallway was stifling and smelled. However, the blankets are stained, worn, and dingy looking, the (non-smoking) room smelled like years of smoke, the carpet was worn and nasty, the shower was coated with years of grime. We left immediately after we saw the shower. The ice machine was broken. The workers were handing out ice from a styrofoam cooler in the office. The cooler was sitting on the floor.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Super 8 Peoria East
Super 8 Peoria East
#6 of 10 in East Peoria
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Been to Motel 6 Peoria - East? Share your experiences!