“Brilliant half term day out!”
Review of White Post Farm

White Post Farm
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I last visited the farm with my son when he was about 2 years old so knew what to expect. Fast forward to today and we visited with my son now 5 and his 18 month old sister. Armed with wellies, coats and a picnic, we booked online the day before (saving a few quid compared to paying on the door) and due to this we're given 3 bags of complementary animal food which was a nice surprise. The lads on the pay desk were very friendly and informative, nothing was a problem for them. We were given a map and off we went. The kids wanted to feed the ducks and geese first, before heading I to the silver barn. This began with the chicks, from egg to a few months old, there were also rabbits, birds, chipmunks and then the goats, pigs and llamas. The children loved it here and enjoyed feeding the goats and cooing and ahhing at everything they did. From here was the play barn, with a fake grass 'hill' and sledges for the children to let off some steam. I even had to take my youngest on it which she loved. There was also a substantial soft play zone with a smaller one for under 3's. Face painting and pottery painting were also here (£2 and from £3.50 respectively). Following on from this room was another containing another sledging experience, and 2 wooden playhouses full of toys for toddlers, tables with crayons for colouring and a petting area with guinea pigs, chicks etc which again my kids loved.

Outside were sheep, more goats, reindeer, donkeys, ponies, pigs etc etc, a brilliant outdoor play area including trampolines for all ages, a pedal go kart track and plenty of picnic tables. Further along was mini golf ( free to use ), goat mountain ( take plenty of 20p's) and the tea rooms. We only had a pot of tea but I noticed there was plenty of choice both hot and cold, high chairs for babies along with baby food for sale, a microwave and plenty of bowls to warm baby food in which was a nice touch.

We paid £27 for 2 adults and a child (youngest was free), and had a fantastic day which I think represents great value for money costing around £1 an hour per person as we were there 5 hours. We always take a picnic but had we not I would have been happy to use their catering. It's not Michelin starred but is more than adequate.

We were lucky with the weather but had it rained all day there was plenty to do under cover.

The toilets need a bit of updating but were ok, and there are plenty of hand washing facilities around the site.

There's always those that will complain until your ear bleed, however my children were happy so I was too.

We will definitely be paying another visit in the future.

There are newer reviews for White Post Farm

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Surprisingly we stayed for about four hours and it was cold and windy outside. Lots for kids to do- walk round to see the animals, indoor play areas, combine harvester to play on and outdoor play areas too- my nephew loved riding on the small tractors. Walls/sides to pens were also well thought out as you didn't need to keep lifting children up to see inside them. Lovely tea room as well.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visited recently having not been since I was a child myself. The place is brilliant! We went with a two year old who loved it. There is plenty of different animals who are all well looked after. If like us you happen to be there when the weather turns don't worry as there is loads inside, with the chance to touch and hold varies animals and an indoor play area with a indoor sleigh slope (WHICH I LOVED!) The place is reasonably priced at just £9.50 per adult with young children free. Would recommend taking a pack lunch though as the selection of food on offer at the cafe is limited with this being the only negative.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I visited this attraction with my 3 year old and 1 year old mid week. The entrance fee is around £10 for adults and £8 for children and then there is an additional £1 to pay for 2 leg or 4 leg food. So, there is significant expense before you get started. The farm park itself is what you'd expect with a few useful additional bits for little ones (indoor soft play area, outdoor park with tractors etc.). The visitor facilities however, leave much to be desired. The toilets/baby changing are old and warn. Despite regular hand washing required there are no dryers, only paper towels, leaving hands damp / cold. More significantly, the cafe is of very poor quality and overpriced for what you get. E.g., child jacket potato was £4 (for half) with no other extras, so in effect you are paying £8 for a whole potato! All the other food looked aneamic and what you'd expect from hospital food/school dinners. A panini said to be served with coleslaw in fact had a sauce sized very very small container of mediocre coleslaw for around £5. I have subsequently complained about the cafe food and have been issued with a refund but this was after having to chase a phonecall.

Overall summary: Expensive as far as farm parks go, needs a facelift, avoid the cafe.

1  Thank polar515
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been to White Post farm now about 8 times either as just a couple, with friends that have young children and and we've also taken our parents, so we've almost done the lot.

The farm is a great place to visit, and recommend a trip around spring time if you wish to see baby animals - you can even buy a season ticket that lets you come back over the next few months - Highly recommended.

The staff are always friendly and helpful, particularly on the gate and the main restaurant. The guys in the reptile room are very informative. (I recently visited an alternative farm park in the Cotswolds and the one thing WPF could improve on is signs, giving information about the animals etc.)

Overall the farm is well laid out, there are 2 main places for food, baby change, bathrooms etc. with picnic benches outside.

The main park section is a series of walks past the animal enclosures, with most animals tame enough to come to the front. - some are used to being fed grass pellets.
There are also play areas's for children to help break up the day for the kids.

There is a series of barns/buildings that link together for cold or wet days. These are also a mix of animal pens, petting areas, play or event sections. I recommend the incubation room as you can see eggs hatching.

Its definitely worth spending your time exploring, as there are animal enclosures all over and you can miss them if you aren't careful.

Over the last few years you can tell more money has been spent on improving the park, and you can tell there is a real drive to keep the place interesting. I'm hoping the reptile house is on the list for renovation next, and more space for the wallabies!

Its really one of those places where you can spend as little or a lot of time.