“Enjoyable but quite pricey.”
Review of White Post Farm

White Post Farm
Ilkeston, England, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Enjoyable but quite pricey.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by saying i love white post farm as do my young children i think it is well worth a visit anytime of the year and i think everyone should support them and other local farms etc.

In my opinion white post have become slightly greedy with regards the entrance and animal feed I have been visiting now several times a year for several years. I now take my 2 young children (age 3 and 18months) and although it used to be reasonable for a lovely day out it is now costing for 2 adults and my eldest (my youngest doesn't pay yet!!) nearly £30 not including any feed for the animals!! Animal feed is at now £1 per bag (they have a bag for 2 legged animals and a bag for 4 legged animals!!) anyone that has visited white post farm will know that the food doesn't go very far (especially the 2 legged bags!!) I have ducks at home and I only pay £3 for 4kg of grain!! So charging a £1 per bag of grain is ridiculous. when we first started going the food was 25p per bag. I know prices have increased but I honestly think that to charge that much for food is just discouraging people buying and supporting our local businesses.

As for the farm itself as I have already said I love it as do both of my children. The farm is getting a bit dated but that doesn't really matter everything is safe and the animals are well looked after. As for the smell in the barn, anyone who owns livestock or lives in the country knows that however many times animals are cleaned out they will always be a little smelly it's a farm!!!! I have never seen the animals dirty nor have I ever worried or been concerned for any.
We always go to the animal holding and my daughter loves holding all the animals, last time we went the lady working on the animal holding was rude and unpleasant but that was a first generally the staff are lovely.
Would def recommend but it's getting quite expensive, be careful white post farm customers will look else where!!!

INSIDERS TIP!!! BEWARE OF THE LLAMAS THEY SPIT (ALOT)!!!

1 Thank Vicki Q

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“very out dated”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

this place is an expensive rip off. Not had much of an update since its last owner sold it. Have been a few times since it first opened and since having kids have never paid yet ( if i had to i wouldn't go ) . Last time i went the place smelled awfull inside the shed's, The animals had not been cleaned out for ages and if this was a true farm health and safety would have shut it down years ago. Dont waste your money or if u do go across the road your kids Will like it a lot more

4 Thank NoRush40
bradford
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“the best family day out”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

if you are looking for somewhere to take your children that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, you will not do better than White Post Farm. My Grandchildren loved it and wanted to return again and again, they voted it better than any theme park. It is as it says a farm but aimed at children, they have small and large animals, such as mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, ducks, turkeys, chickens, love birds, cows, doves, pigs, sheep, goats, wallabys, fish, reptiles, etc.etc. the children can hold small animals, feed a baby goat, hold a reptile, brush a goat. There is a Fruit bat room. There is a show every day that includes animals. And then you have the indoor play area, with slides, bouncy castle, sand pit, climbing, small cars and trikes. Even more there is an outside adventure playground with trampolines and go-carts etc. so something to do even on a wet day and open every day exept Christmas day I believe. There are two eating places, one selling burgers etc and one for people who do not like burgers. You can also take your own food, there is several picnic areas around. There is a pottery room, where handprints, footprints and pots can be made, fired and decorated. They have themed weeks such as Teddy Bears Picnic, Halloween, and Christmas with Santa. I am sure there will be something I can't remember, but all in all a geat day out and kids love it. Best of all a fraction of a theme park price, my Grandchildren still wanted to go when they were in there teens. Give it a try you can't go wrong.

Visited July 2012
Thank dagmar.8
nottingham
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“a bit boring”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

only go to whitepost if you like goats and ducks not a lot more for children except the play area found it very expensive for what you see .

Visited December 2012
1 Thank maureen w
Nottingham
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Starting to look tatty”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Despite this farm park having a great start in its existence, it is now looking tatty, dowdy and tired. You can tell that corners are being cut and some of the exhibits are now ready for the scrap yard after being weathered outside for too long. The kids will be kept amused for a half day or so including a bite to eat, and the cafe/restaurant is OK, but it's not worth a great amount of effort to drive a long way to get there!

Visited November 2012