“great hotel, great staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Moline
Saint Louis, Missouri
“great hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights last week. We were greeted by an exceptionally friendly young man at the front counter and found his attitude to be common amongst the staff. The lady who served breakfast, the cleaning and front desk staff, all very pleasant and accommodating. I left tips every day for the cleaning crew and they never picked it up. I had work to do in the evening and their business center worked out great; two computers, a free printer, and a big work desk. The location is a few miles from both I-80 and I-74, but well worth the drive. We travel to Moline once a year and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rduinc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Decent hotel, but a little hard to find. Rooms are clean. Better than average for a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2011
Laguna Niguel, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on June 13, 2011. Hotel information is misleading. This hotel DOES NOT have flat screen TV's in all rooms. I reserved two rooms for myself and my colleague and even though I am elite diamond (highest tier) neither room had a flat screen in it. We were upgraded to a king-sized mattress room but no new TV's. Most of the other hotels in the area have flat screens though. Brought this to the manager's attention and she started to be condescending regarding how the fact that our stay was spoiled by not having a flat screen. My colleague came to my defense immediately confronting the manager that I never stated this and the hotel's responsibility was to own up to its claim that every room should have a flat screen in it. I asked for one room to be comped because of their misleading information which I later was phoned by the manager and told that they would do this on advice from their Choice Hotels representative. Fair warning: DON'T BOOK YOUR ROOM EXPECTING UPDATED AMENITIES since as of this writing the hotel still has not changed its claim of flat panel TV's in each room.. The rooms were OK and the location made it very peaceful but if you are looking for updated amenities just stay at the Comfort Inn by the Moline airport. It has flat screen TV's, costs less, the airplane noise is virtually non-existent, and you'll get more value for your stay.

Room Tip: Book the room at least 7 days in advance
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Draper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Good continental breakfast, but not amazing. Room was pretty nice. Price was better than a Farfield Marriott but I would say that this Comfort Inn was a comparable hotel to that brand, so better value in my opinion.

Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

good clean hotel - good breakfast Perhaps a tad better than most Comfort Inns ( I like chain) because it is newer - I assume because my GPS had no idea where the street was.

Not too far from Moline - fairly close to highway but it might seem further than most "highway" Comfort Inns - don't panic if you seem to be driving further than normal to get there..you'll run into it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

We've always found our room cozy, clean & comfy. The Front Desk is unfailingly friendly & helpful. The breakfast is good. There's just one thing that bothers me and that's in order to get a fridge (my husband is dibetic & must keep insulin cool), we have to sign up for the mini-suite which is $15 more & has a king bed rather than the 2 beds we prefer. Having the couch in the mini-suite helps because my husband is up & down all night long. One time several years ago, we managed to get a "borrowed" fridge from another room but it involved a big hassle. But this place is close to our relatives & is VERY MUCH Superior to the Super 8 Next Door which we tried 1 night & never again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Macomb, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

Reserved hotel for my husband, son & a friend to attend the John Deere Classic. Can't get any closer to the course, but hotel needs an update. Quite worn. Beds not great. Good breakfast. All in all a good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Moline
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Quality Inn & Suites Moline – Quad Cities

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline? Share your experiences!