“NEVER AGAIN!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Dubuque
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I make it a yearly tradition to take our son who is 9 to a hotel for an overnight stay and swim for his birthday. This year we chose Timmerman's! I wish i would have read reviews first before booking there! First of all we found a disgusting box of old pizza in the desk drawer. Then we went to dinner upon returning we took our son down to the pool to swim. There were at least 25 teenagers there for a birthday party! Eating pizza in the hot tub, loud crude music playing, food and drinks in the pool cussing! running in and out from the outdoors throwing snow around, taking things off the walls and throwing them around the room! NO LIFEGUARD anywhere! no adult supervision!! WE complained and all we got back was half of what whe paid and we left! disgusting place!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed December 1, 2010

After an enjoyable stroll through Galena, IL we decided to stay in the area for the night but wanted to be closer to Dubuque. The Galena Chamber of Commerce supplies visitors with area hotel listings, prices and availability of each. The Chamber checked room availability in the area and directed us to Timmerman's, which had only a few rooms left. The Chamber supplied a hotel catalog listing Timmerman's prices. Upon arrival at Timmerman's we were quoted a 43% higher price due to a toy show in Dryersville, IA, which we didn't attend. We showed the hotel manager the price catalog, explained how & where we received it and stated we were just travelling through but they would not give us the printed rate due to "supply and demand". Upon checking out the next morning we were in line behind a person who was charged the suggested amount listed in the catalog. When I inquired why we couldn't receive that same pricing I was told the person booked earlier.

I feel Timmerman's should have honored the price they supplied to the Galena Chamber of Commerce, therefore I will not stay in this place again and will not recommend their unfair practices. If you're ever in the Galena area definitely book a stay in Galena and skip this place! We're sorry we didn't.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheKidsAreGone
Reviewed October 22, 2010

This hotel saw it's last good days in the 60-70's ... the proprietor has no idea what an American customer expects in the way of service and cleanliness. His attitude implied that I should be happy I even had a room when I requested a little consideration in the room location. He doesn’t belong in any position that serves the public.

If he they ever visited a Hampton Inn (about the same price, we'd paid $110.00) he might begin to figure out the minimum standard the public expects. Under no circumstances would I recommend this hotel to anyone, go across the river and stay at one of the national chains.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This place was dirty in all of the common areas and so overpriced. Some of the rooms were relatively nice, but some were very ratty. Only reason we stayed is there was nothing else available in Dubuque or anywhere for miles around. Thank God we only had to stay one night. And I can understand why this hotel was the only place avaialble...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The room was filthy!! The bed smelled and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Thank god we only spend 1 night there. Everything was so outdated and very very very dirty!

You would be better off sleeping in your car or at some motel - seriously!
This place was a total dump!! Don't waste your time or your money here ! ! !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I am not an overly adventurous traveler but I do try to keep a very open mind. I understand the value of the dollar and I know that you get what you pay for, however, sometimes you can be very surprized in both good ways and not so good ways. That being said....

I would avoid using harsh words like "dump" or "hole", but I definitely wouldn't use the word resort either.

Timmerman's Hotel and Resort. The room was, somewhat, large, the linens were clean and the bed was kind of comfy. Beyond that there isn't a lot of nice to say. It's old and worn. Cobwebs in the corners. Trash strewn all around the property outside. The pics and description on the website are a little deceptive. As well, this property is located in East Dubuque, IL. There's Nothing in East Dubuque, IL!!!

There are many choices in the Dubuque area. Stay across the river in Iowa.... They have restaurants there too!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel June 26th with my children ages 19 and 13 and about 20 member's of my immediate family and their kids as well. This hotel came recommended on my Cousin's wedding invitation so we assumed it was a decent place to stay. I believe it was chosen for it's close proximity to the Reception Hall. I am an extensive traveler and spend approximately 20 nights a year in Hotels. I have NEVER in my life been to such a dirty, disgusting, old hotel. The decor leads you to believe it has not been updated since the 60's. The windows in the lobby had handprints and smears all over the glass, the carpet in the lobby had crumbs, dirt, bugs, etc all over it. The sheets on our beds were full of holes and were see-through. The air conditioning unit made a "knocking" noise like someone was hitting it with a hammer all night and had to be shut off. My sisters room it leaked water all over the floor. The tubs wouldn't hold water so we couldn't give the little kids a bath. The pool area is in a creepy basement and the floor had bugs and dirt all over it. I wouldn't let my kids walk on the floor. This hotel is disgusting and we almost all checked out and went home had it not been a 4 hour drive we would have. The worst part, we spent $95.00 a night for this HELL HOLE of a HOTEL!!! DO NOT take your family here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Dubuque
Hampton Inn Dubuque
#1 of 17 in Dubuque

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!