All reviews small problem eggs and sausage an older hotel would stay here again bed was comfortable whirlpool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Quality Inn, East Dubuque, two nights this past weekend. The accommodations were OK, but definitely not up to par compared to other Quality Inn’s I’ve stayed at, even at a similar cost. The bed was comfortable, things were clean, and the stay was acceptable, but the facility is just older and in need of major renovation. I would characterize it as a Howard Johnson’s motor lodge, which would’ve been considered very nice in the 60s and 70s.

Breakfast, again, was very acceptable, but the quality and presentation were just not what I’ve seen at other Quality Inn’s.

We did have a small problem at check out. We were staying with another couple, and I had booked both rooms through the Choice Hotels website, but the person at the front desk didn’t know how to NOT bill my credit card for both rooms. Had to call his manager, etc. It shouldn’t have been a big deal. Possibly this hotel was just recently been accepted under the Choice computer system and the staff needs a little more training?

We did pay a reasonable rate for the room, so all in all a fair transaction. I would consider staying here again, knowing what I’m getting for the price.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as they allowed pets. But wouldn’t stay again also on there website it showed a huge blue hot tub and so we were trying to get that room. But when you book the king size suite it doesn’t tell you that is a different room. And so we couldn’t get it. The pool needed to be cleaned and looked like it needed some repair the hot tub looks like it has been out of order for a long time. Generally looks old. The breakfast was simple scrambled eggs and sausage each morning they did have a waffle maker which was nice. Was close to Galena and that is what we were looking for. But now wish we would have stayed at the nicer hotels in Dubuque.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I booked a 1 king size bed room at this hotel primarily for the fact it had a hot tub. It was out of order, plus the room stinks of dirty feet, and the fridge was left open and ice melted all along the bottom. I was charged more than what was printed on the receipt of my stay. The only nice thing was the lady who worked behind the front desk, apparently the manager is a real STICKLER about things.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank TyPeak
Reviewed June 26, 2018

First of all, make sure your door to your room locks... We found out the hard way that the key card for our room was worthless... Anyone could have walked into the room at anytime they wanted. Wanted was even worse about this, we mentioned it to the house keeping guy the following morning and he said that this had been an issue for quite awhile and has been reported to management several times and still no one had fixed it!

The breakfast was piss poor. My sister's room had cobwebs all over the place. The room that they moved us into was dated, one of the light switches didn't even work.

The front wall outside is about to fall over. Walking through the hall past a bunch of non-smoking rooms, all you smell is smoke! Stay away!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We arrived late on a Friday night. The hotel was a bit of a challenge to find being off the main highway. The first thing we noticed getting into our room was the bathroom room was tiny. The next morning breakfast was acceptable but we had to ask to get the eggs and sausages refreshed. Sunday morning breakfast was better.
The whole place needs a remodeling. The staff was nice but overworked. Good wi-fi but the refrigerator was cold enough to freeze water overnight.

Date of stay: June 2018