1,180 results
All reviews komune resort night surfing yoga classes surf break health club food and drinks world class spa treatments beach bar something for everyone healthy options love this place food was amazing staff were amazing the hustle and bustle every meal day trip
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019

Let me say first, I hated the location and I left after 1 night. But I have several issues:

Location: This resort is off a highway. There are 2 lanes going 1 direction on each side. Once you turn down the road to the resort it is very dark. If you wanted to walk out of the resort to a town…. There isn’t one. It is like walking out of an industrial area. You are stuck in this “resort”. I did not come to Bali for that experience. Maybe you want to check into a Yoga retreat and stay there all week. This is your place. We had to go to the hospital in Denpasar and it took 1 hour with traffic at 8 pm and the cost was $21 USD.

Ask what is important to you before you book . On-line the website did not seem so remote. I did not come to Bali to be stuck in a remote location. We did not have our own car.

Dining: Breakfast is NOT included which is common in Bali. There is only 2 restaurants 1 serves only Healthy food which means no cocktails, the other is on the beach and expensive. Breakfast is costly and adds up. Our Lunch was $150 US for 6 and when I asked for water the waitress told me it was self-serve that I could get it myself. I had to let her know we were having lunch as a group and it would be best if she could bring us water. That was crazy! The waitress told us to get our own water during my meal with 5 friends? This is an expensive Bali restaurant!

Room: The standard rooms are far from the beach and even the beach rooms are separated from the beach by the pool, bar, and a wide undeveloped area. These rooms are much more expensive so make sure you understand what you are getting. You are not walking out of your Hawaii condo onto the sand. No!

The Bedding: I don’t know if something went wrong but…. Our bed comfort was OK, but we hand only a bottom sheet. That is it. No top sheet and no blanket. There was a down comforter with a duvet. So here is my issues:

Do they wash the entire Duvet each time – don’t know? But no thin top sheet so hope so.
No top sheet so ZERO covers if you don’t want a heavy down filled duvet. Bali doesn’t need a down Duvet. It is warm so a sheet and light blanket should be appropriate. Maybe they think they are saving water by not having a top sheet. I disagree.

The bottom sheet on the bed was just a regular flat sheet. So it came untucked when I moved during the night and bunch up. The room is modern and fine.
I will never go back … but again if you are looking to fly all the way to Bali to stay in 1 resort and do Yoga, then maybe this works.

Room tip: Yes the lobby is open but the room did not have automatic doors for wheel chairs nor bathroom big enough to turn a wheel chair.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

I just spent the past 4 days at Komune resort over the Chinese New Year holiday and it was fantastic! The grounds are beautiful, the staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional, and they all speak English pretty well. I really felt as ease at this resort, a wonderful place to relax and watch the ocean from the bar, away from the hustle and craziness of Kuta.

Also, the food was fantastic, with western options, Indonesian options, and even a large menu of vegetarian and vegan options. I really enjoyed the healthy options for breakfast!!

The spa is also very good with cheap prices for massages with very experienced staff. I went for massage 3 of the 4 days I was here and each time was wonderful.

I would definitely come back to this resort!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Snoopyandmakeup
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend and thought it was very good. Our room was well equipped, clean and comfortable. The pools are both nice. They need a few more sun loungers though. The gym was well equipped. Food and drinks not too expensive. Some food dishes were excellent and some were a little bit disappointing and not very accurately described. Overall it was a good experience and we would go back again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GHUK29
Reviewed January 29, 2019

We booked a pool suite and were not disappointed. The suite was spacious and overlooked the deck, plunge pool, and Keramas surf break. The staff were lovely and made us feel like part of the Komune family from day 1. Food was delicious and there were many different choices on the menus. Plenty for the Surfer and non-surfer to do. Great place for couples, families and friends trips away. The resort is located away from the major tourist towns but close enough if you want to do a day trip. There is a family style pool located beachside or the adults only pool (divine). Gardens immaculate and well kept. Would love to visit again one day!

1  Thank Leilani v
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

Just back from my stay at Komune Resort in Bali. We visited with our fitness group for a health retreat. Our stay was well planned and we were looked after very well by Andrea. The staff are so friendly, always smiling and are always available to help with anything you need during your stay. We started in a garden room but found this to be a little small as I was staying with my sister. The staff were happy to upgrade us to the ocean view room with private pool which was superb. Beautiful rooms which are clean and modern. The food at the resort is hard to fault, the only problem is choosing what to eat because it is all so good! Plenty to do at the resort including swimming, lazing by the pool, massages at the spa, hitting the gym or a cocktail at the beach bar. Definately would stay here again

Trip type: Traveled with friends