“So excited!! Going Back :)”

Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Keramas
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Love this place. Was here a couple of months ago and now going back again tmrw for girls week! Third time:) Meant to review again back then but forgot. Trip advisor just happened to send me a little reminder this morning to review my last trip..I can't get enough of this place. You don't get the hustle and bustle of the other side (Seminyak, Kuta etc) but that's the whole point! The thing I hear most is people saying is that it is more like the Bali of old..and it is. Imagine all the little luxuries you "need' surrounded by nothing but rice paddies. Beautiful staff, great rooms , great gardens, great pool, beach club and amazing food - don't be scared off by some reviews about food price!! I mean really?!? If you want street food ok, that can be cheaper; go find a street, cross your fingers, have antibiotics ready and hope for the best- however if you want fresh, delicious food that is also beautifully presented then it is VERY reasonable. You get what you pay for. And really..still cheap. I'm a Bali regular..there is the tax thing that EVERY place has to add..government requirement. I love to see the fresh food they have..don't see such freshness of food even in "high end" places. Oh btw the double bed style day beds by pool are the best part of my day!! Spend most of my time here whilst enjoying great cocktails, reading, sleeping, watching the surf (and yes the surfers)..great people watching. Yes..do a day trip or two if you're staying more than a few days.. but trust me..when you come back to Komune you always let out a big sigh; relieved to be back :) please go..you won't regret it. I do have a crazy, busy life and it is the one place I do truly relax!! Can't speak highly enough of it..and have stayed at lots of flashy type places all over the world ..happiest in Bali and this place. They are adding more and more to this resort but managing to maintain the tranquility...there was a wedding last time we were there..wow..and even a proposal by this cute gut to his girl awww.. So..there is Something special about this place. Can't wait for my girls week here..Komune is good for all! Families, couples, groups oh yeah and surfers!! Apparently that's what it started out as..but I find it a whole lot more!! Just go.

Room Tip: We got the new suite type room last time . Was nice! Worth a few extra $$$'s
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My fiancee and I have just came back from this hotel and we had an amazing experience.
Welcoming drinks, friendly staff and beautiful surroundings you fall in love immediately. The staff were amazing, would help you out with anything requested without any hesitation. Renovations were occurring at the moment so we were happy that they upgraded us to another room far from the noise ( it was really really noisy).
The restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food is excellent.
Perfect for surfers and non surfers as the hotel offers you lots of other activities, from daily transfers to the city, safari tour, yoga classes... But I prefer to just enjoy the hotel and the amazing swimming pool.
We would definitely come back to this resort if we have the chance. True paradise!

Special thanks to Budi and Dewa who were of great help and very kind to us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
komuneresort, Owner at Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi Stefanie - thanks so much for staying with us at Hotel Komune Bali and for your wonderful review. We apologise for the noise from the construction of our new Komune Health Hub but were glad our staff were able to move you away from that area.

We hope to have the Health Hub open in 3-4 months.

See you again soon Stefanie

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent efficient and friendly staff. The food was well above par from our experience in Indonesia with plenty of options on an extensive menu that also offers daily specials. everything was prepared and presented with care. Bed was comfortable and fitted with quality linen, shower hot and plenty of pressure, room compact but comfortable and well appointed. If I had to pick a fault it would be that the hotel is somewhat overrun with people not staying in the resort but making the most of the beach club of an afternoon.I can't blame them for wanting to be there or management for capitalising on the business but it does perhaps take away a little in terms of privacy and exclusivity. Located nearby is the inland artisan city of Ubud, correctly billed as everything Kuta isn't ( perfect!) and a must-see. We got lucky with the surf and enjoyed an excellent week of swell and conditions. The grounds are lovely, the spa extremely reasonably priced and the massage therapists skilled.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi Javier

Thanks for staying with us at Hotel Komune Bali - we are glad you got some great surf and enjoyed your stay.

We are currently building a new guest only area called the Komune Health Hub which will include a private guest pool, healthy cafe and restaurant and a state of the art wellness centre featuring a yoga and pilates pavilion, fitness centre and day spa.

We hope this will give resort guests an option of privacy if our Beach Club is busy.

See you again soon Javier and enjoy the rest of your holidays in Bali.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

my husband & I stayed here last week. staff were very friendly, rooms clean & comfortable. unfortunately no surf for my husband. renovations are occurring at the moment which include a gym, lap pool & extra restaurant which will be great for partners that don't surf!

Room Tip: ask for a garden room, or a view of the surf when the extensions are completed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda2464
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I am a bit late writing this review …but needed to! this is not the sort of place i would usually holiday at but i came here in march of this year with a girlfriend and our two 23 year old sons
on a mother and son surfing holiday for a week ! they are keen surfers not us … we loved it !!
the whole experience of walking thru the tropical gardens to your room or down to the beach and pool area was heaven it was a instant relaxer. The rooms are gorgeous and cater for all your basic needs except for a kettle so we could have a coffee in the morning and a bar fridge ..but i guess it gets you out of your rooms so that every day you get to be apart of the komune experience. the restaurant and bar was very well priced and the food was good and it certainly filled the stomachs of our sons.
loved all the big beds around the pool where we spent all our days just reading and swimming
as there are no shops or restaurants in walking distance .
i highly recommend this place if you are a avid surfer and the night surfing looks good also
we loved it so much that we are going to organise to come back with our sons again and thank you to the wonderful staff who looked after us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holidaywife
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My stay at the Komune Beach resort was better than I ever expected. My room was tucked into a courtyard area of tropical plants that added to the Bali experience. The room was simple, but provided the feeling of a much higher rated luxury hotel. The large walk in shower area with the overhead rain shower head was a wonderful addition.. Wi-Fi was also available for those that chose to stay connected. The grounds are wonderfully landscaped and I enjoyed just walking the path that lead to the pool which was right on the beach area. The pool bar was amazing and the food was top notch. The restaurant served excellent dinners, as good if not better than any of the restaurants I went to during my stay in Bali. I enjoyed getting up early each morning to watch the sunrise and walk the beach which was always being raked before the day got underway. The staff was exceptionally friendly & helpful in all circumstances and you were always greeted with a friendly smile and they often greeted you by name after your initial check in. The resort is a distance from some of the more touristy areas which I really enjoyed. Without other resorts or hotels located near this location, it really gave you that sense of being in a true paradise. I will definitely look forward to visiting again and would refer it to anyone looking to get away to Bali.

Room Tip: Wonderful rooms in a courtyard setting beautifully landscaped.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We heard about Komune from friend. Since it's near to our house so we decided to check it.

First impression, Wow... Nice place!!!
Friendly staff, however service was bit slow.
And finally when the food arrived at our table, it's a big NO.

Pastry selection was not interesting. My egg Benedict was bland. Even my husband's simple order - scramble eggs, was so disappointed.
We don't understand, it's just not our day.

We still want to try the lunch menu next time.
Hope we have a good luck

Stayed: July 2014
komuneresort, Owner at Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Jullyanie

Thanks for visiting us at Komune and the very nice comments about our place and our friendly staff.

We see from your other reviews that you have visited many places in Bali so we do appreciate quality feedback like this so we can continually improve our service and offer to our guests.

Our manager Wayne and head chef will certainly investigate the consistency and quality of the scrambled eggs and eggs benedict and have a look at the other places in Bali you have a good review to ensure our eggs are up there with the best in Bali.

We do apologise we did not live up to your high expectation but we really hope to see you again seeing you live closely and maybe we can impress you next time :)

Thanks once again for your feedback Julyianie

Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keramas
Rumah Luwih Beach Resort and Spa
Hilton Bali Resort
Hilton Bali Resort
#22 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali? Share your experiences!