“Excellent food”

Cuisines: American
romford
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We are doing the Route 66 and chose to eat here after the reviews on here, and we wasn't disappointed, great atmosphere, and excellent food, and such a good price too, highly recommend, we would go back

Visited April 2013
1 Thank butlerRomford

Freeland, Washington
“some Route 66 memorabilia and good food”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Don't order chicken if you are there later at night and are very hungry. Otherwise it was great food, fun atmosphere, wonderful service with endless soda and tea refills. Don't pass it up if you are on a Route 66 kick... take pix.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Beverly P
Verona, IL
“Big Surprise in a small town”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We tried it. We LOVED it! I ordered a sandwich that actually came with warm homemade potato chips. They were great; I love a "different" menu to try new things. While we were eating, we saw people at another table that were eating a pizza that looked incredibly delicious.

We're used to Chicago pizzas and we tried That 50's Place's pizza on our 2nd trip there. It was fantastic! It's up there giving Chicago style pizzas a run for their money...and it is very hard to find a good pizza in these parts.

Yes, we went back again. Our 3rd time was for breakfast. Very reasonably priced and very delicious. Their french toast I believe was the best I've ever tasted. Sausage links were incredibly flavorful and the eggs were great. My husband loved the skillet he ordered which was very unique with the hash browns on the bottom mixed with green peppers and onions and some other things with the egg on top - kind of like an omlet in a skillet...extremely flavorful...I had to try his too.

The atmosphere is great, casual, with memorabilia and music (not too loud) and the service is superb. I can't wait to go again. Very enjoyable!

The only thing that would make this restaurant better is if they delivered a bit further than a 3 to 5 mile radius. That would be great to get a home delivery at times we can't go out.

• Visited June 2012
Bloomington, Illinois
“This is REALLY good food at great prices. Cool atmosphere too.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We've eaten here many times over the years. The food is incredible. Like it was in the 1950's and '60's at the best drive ins. Generous portions. The menu itself is HUGE! Just writing this review makes me hungry (we live a long way away from Dwight so no chance getting there tonight :-)

We like to stop here on the way to Chicago or coming back, on I-55. Always a treat we look forward too.

• Visited June 2011