“Good for a night in Dwight”
Review of Super 8 Dwight

Super 8 Dwight
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dwight
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, including the bathroom. A couple of the towels were a bit gray and dingy. Mattress didn't seem very new, but was still firm and reasonably comfortable. TV channel selection was very limited, as were the breakfast options in the lobby (pastries and cereal). Not the best Super 8 I've stayed in, but not a bad place to check in for a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnoyingDad

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here whilst driving Route 66 and can't understand the negative reviews! The hotel didn't seem old to me, the guy who checked us in was very friendly and helpful, the room was functional and clean and in terms of value for money it was great! I think some people expect the earth for $60 a night. If you need a quiet clean room and helpful staff and a complimentary breakfast on a budget, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kalbrau
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were very happy when we stayed there. Yes its an old motel but its clean and the staff is very friendly

Room Tip: first floor is better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vickie B
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is disgusting...old, old, old...and SOOOOOO outdated. It stinks of cigarette smoke...even in the nonsmoking rooms.....you cannot understand anything the hotel manager says...his english is horrible....and even if you have a problem is it NEVER fixed. Here is a funny...I heard them discussing that they were going to go on TripAdvisor and put an excellent rating for their hotel...lol....do yourself a favor and drive to the next town and stay in a decent hotel.

Room Tip: There ar no good rooms!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nativemaerican15
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Everything about this hotel is old and outdated. The bedding was unusable. The room had an old smell with very worn out furniture. The toilet would not flush half the time. The tub had rusty drain plug and the shower head was full of calcium deposits which clogged the flow. The tv remote did not work and the front desk only offered to change rooms to remedy the situation. We had a non-smoking room but you could constantly smell the smoke from the other rooms. The front desk employees are not friendly or helpful. I could not understand the manager because of his broken English. The hotel does not have an elevator so one must carry their luggage up stairs. I checked out of the hotel with a creepy unclean feeling.

I have family that live in Dwight so when I visit I like to stay close. However, in the future I will drive the thirty minutes to either Pontiac or Morris for a much better hotel for the same price.

I would not recommend this hotel until the owners invest in a remodel. The price is way too high for the quality of the hotel. Just keep driving thirty more minutes to a much nicer hotel that you can leave the next day feeling clean and refreshed!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Necer1099
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The manager of this hotel is rude and after I made my reservation I found out it was never booked. He was angry with me because I could not understand him. I re-booked through the customer service for Super 8. This was for a friend's wedding and we had no where else to stay. I will never stay at this site again. It was old and dirty and not a place anyone would want to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ozzie11_11

Been to Super 8 Dwight? Share your experiences!