“The best!”

Lao Szechuan House
Ranked #59 of 179 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant. I've eaten in the restaurant, ordered take-out, and had it delivered and the food is always fresh and hot. My husband likes to order everything spicy and they seem to get it right no matter what he orders. My kids love the crab rangoon and orange chicken, but we have to remember to request mild on the latter for them or it has too much kick.

1  Thank Fattien

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a great find on Trip Advisor. Visiting DG on business this week and hungry for 'chinese' type food, two coworkers and I visited Lao Szechuan House. The lunch menu was extensive and the lunch special inclusive of egg rolls, soup and entree with rice. The selection was wide ranging. On our table was both types of soup and three different entrees; chicken and shrimp with broccoli on steamed rice, kung pao chicken with fried rice, almond chicken ding with steamed rice. We all enjoyed our food and found it to be delicious and well prepared. The hot and sour soup was not too spicy with a great hot/sour balance and my coworkers enjoyed their egg drop soups.The service was great and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

George Likes His Kung Pao Spicy!

This is the best Chinese in the area. I've been here several times for lunch with some co-workers. Finally, I took the wife and kids. They all loved it. It is now the ONLY Chinese I'm allowed to bring home (if I'm instructed to bring home take out).

Additionally, I know a guy in the area that is married to a woman from China. He tells me that it is the only Chinese restaurant that she, or her natural family will eat at.

I have nothing negative to say about this place. I could however point out a lot of negative things about many other Chinese restaurants that are within a 20 minute radius of this great place.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Lau SzeChuan is one of the best Chinese restaurants in China town on the south side of Chicago and we have an outpost right in downers grove. This is a really good place for traditionaly and spicy Chinese food. It is our favorite place for take out, too. They are fast and they have not screwed up our order yet.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

I make it a trip to go to Lao Szechuan in Downers Grove or Chicago whenever I'm nearby. Their crab rangoon is the best I've ever had, and every dish is flavorful and fresh. You might have to wait, and the service is, well, not good, but the food is worth it!