“Check your bill” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 165 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Check your bill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A group of 12 went there Saturday after Thanksgiving for some drinks and to see a band. None of drank much and when we asked for the bill, it was $340 +
We looked it over and noticed many drinks on the bill that did not belong to us. The waitress was not very cooperative and it took her an additional hour to correct the bill and then added on a 18% tip
The worst bar experience ever!

Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Irish Pub?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

They claim the building was originally a real pub in Ireland. Could be, I've never been there.

I do know that when they first opened, they had the best corned beef I have ever had and that includes New York City, Los Angeles and Skokie, IL. This is no longer true; it is now ordinary.

The service has only gotten worse as time goes by. When I commented to the bartender that he needed more help on a slow Sunday afternoon, his surly reply was he had plenty of help, he just needed customers with more patience.

And now I understand they're opening another store further west. If you are there for the live music, bring earplugs as they really do not need electronic amplification, but have a very efficient system.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lebanon, Va
“music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent venue for listening to music up close to the band. Visited with friends while looking for something to do in the area.

Visited October 2013
Willowbrook, Illinois
“Food very good, decor not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I shouldn't knock the decor as it is as I imagine an Irish pub might be. Mismatched tables and chairs and a bit on the dark side but then I come to the food. Everyone of us enjoyed our entrees.We missed the entertainment but have heard good things about it.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Nice place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited this pub over the Labor Day weekend with my brother and his wife. It was a nice walk from their home. It was very nice location in the downtown area of Downers Grove. We sat outside on the patio. The patio is nice and the view was good. We sat at a table near the street. The servers were busy and as I understood they were a bit under staff. I did not have any issue with this as I worked in the service industry for many years so I understand what that is like and how impatient people can be.

Our server apologized for our short wait. She was very nice, pleasant, checked on us every time she came out on the patio. I could not decide on which mixed cocktail to order so I had her choose one for me. She made a great a choice and did not pick some expensive drink for me to run up my bill. The beer selection was very good according to my brother and his wife.

I felt it was a nice place to relax in the evening and the next time I visit I will go back there for a drink or two. Next time I will order food as well.

• Visited September 2013