“DON'T STAY HERE”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed March 17, 2014

You will be making a BIG mistake if you stay here. We did!!!! In the middle of the night, someone used a key card, entered our room, with us in it, and took my Iphone and purse. Returned the purse in a pillow case, thrown inside the door on the floor with my cash (over $300) and phone gone. DO NOT STAY HERE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Management could care less on top of it all. Made a police report, Downers Grove police took the report and basically did nothing. DO NOT STAY HERE. Police are suppose to serve and protect. When you need them they do not do there job. No one cares.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank T V

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel made me feel like a home away from home. The rooms were very clean and the staff was wonderful.The kitchen area was clean as well. The bed was very comfortable. I definitely will stay in another extended stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your great review of our property! I am proud of our team for providing you with wonderful service. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

As others have said, the customer service is great here. I booked a Hotwire "secret deal," and only knew the the area, star level, and ratings review before booking. I got an amazing deal, saving more than 50% off the regular rate. The room was huge, with a full kitchen. It was very clean, with the exception of a few curly hairs on the bathroom floor. The surrounding area is very nice- lots of restaurants and stores. For the amazingly cheap price I paid, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for submitting your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great value. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and our convenient location. As well, it's great to hear that your fully equipped kitchen and your spacious room met your travel needs. The staff and I would love to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice room, very limited television channels, Weekly cleaning was not done on the right day and then all they do is change linens and bath towels and vacuum.... I had to do all my dusting and had to clean the shower and toilet and kitchen area including stove...I would expect this to be included in the monthly stay!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room overall; however, I am sorry that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations. In response, I am working with our staff to ensure our standards are being met and procedures followed so that guests have a more satisfying experience moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at cdg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

When I checked in here, I felt like I was coming to my own house.It was very clean and superb accomodations. The management is professional and the price was the best in the area compared to other ESA's nearby. The staff is very friendly, professional, and knowledgable about the surrounding area and beyond with helpful tips if needed. I really felt like I was at home with all the amenities of home as well minus the groceries of course.The internet connection was superb and fast of course, the bed was very comfortable with plush pillows and provided a good night's rest. It is located in a very quiet business area with nearby shopping and restaurants with easy access to 355. Everything worked superb and didnt want to leave but had to go onto my next destination. If there was a rating of perfection, this establishment would get it in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to know that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. It was a pleasure to have you visit our hotel and we are so pleased that you would rate your stay as perfection.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Downers Grove for 3 months between moves. The hotel staff there cannot be beat. The room was excellent, the accommodations supurb, the outside grounds safe and beautiful. although it was expensive to stay there because I had to continue to extend my stay, this hotel cannot be beat. I recommend it highly. The manager Nicole runs a great hotel there. The location right off of 355 with shopping all around Is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and the accommodations. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This Extended Stay is the best managed hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, helpful, and goes over and above in providing EXCELLENT service. I have been here since the middle of April with my dog while in between residences. The dog area is kept clean not just daily, but a couple of times a day. If you are looking for a friendly, clean and well managed place to stay, this is it. There may be slightly cheaper options, but you get more than you pay for here. It feels like home. I'll miss staying here, it's THAT comfortable, quiet and nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank beanforslund
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the service and cleanliness of the hotel. I am thrilled that my staff made you feel at home. We hope that you come back and visit us soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove? Share your experiences!