Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove
Comfort Inn Downers Grove(Downers Grove)(Great Value!)
$56
$76
$68
HIExpress.com
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove(Downers Grove)(Great Value!)
$49
EmbassySuites.com
$69
$67
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat service and staffclean bedfront desk staffjuanitaevelynstoveaccommodationsmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed here while traveling to the area for business. I was extremely disappointed with this hotel! The bathroom had not been properly cleaned; the towels were rough and smelled strongly of bleach; there was staining on the wall in the kitchenette, and a sticky substance was on the telephone chord.

The only reason I touched the phone was to call the front desk and complain about loud music/tv at 12:30 AM on a Sunday night. The noise was not stopped until 1 AM. When I spoke to hotel staff in the morning, they told me the noise was apparently coming from a floor or two up and a few rooms over. This is highly unacceptable for a business traveller!

Given hotel conditions, and the types of people I observed staying at the hotel, I felt uncomfortable about my safety. I was supposed to stay for 12 nights, but I promptly checked out the following morning and moved to a different hotel.

The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the staff were exceptionally courteous.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 721Anonymous
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The housekeeping issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have addressed the room issues with my housekeeping team and will be working with my vendors in regards to the quality of our linen. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cdg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I called the hotel inquiring about weekly, monthly rates. I spoke with a guy by the name of Blake. At first, he seemed very knowledgeable and eager to assist. I was very disturbed when he started talking that he was the best Front Desk Clerk at this hotel. Blake insisted that I only speak with him due to his fellow co-workers not being intelligent enough to follow daily task.
I was shocked. I wondered what type of Manager is backing this degrading employee. I think it's embarrassing. Blake should not be allowed to deal with the public. Due to his arrogance and lack of Customer Service etiquette. I will not be staying at The Extended Stay America.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Golden357
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.
Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of service you had won't be repeated. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me please don't hesitate to contact me. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a potential guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. I must admit that the Front Desk staff is very friendly and professional. I have never experienced rude behavior. I have never been ignored while at the Front Desk. I have always been taken very good care of. The staff doesn't just treat you like a guest. They treat you like a family. The housekeepers that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Always made sure that I had everything I needed. From the Front Desk to the Housekeepers. I give 5 stars! My last stay at this hotel the first floor was a complete disaster from renovations. I still received a warm welcome when I arrived! I will continue to stay at this location. I will continue to recommend to all my family and friends. Please disregard negative reviews. Try it you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The king size rooms are very large
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that our staff was so accommodating and you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon my brief stay at the hotel I witnessed something that was worthy of taking the time to write this review which is not something I typically do.
As I was waiting I the lobby to be checked in, I observed the front desk personnel by the name of Tonya (this is all her name tag revealed) talking to a guest in a completely unprofessional manor and rolling her eyes in plain sight of me. The mail carrier arrived and delivered mail as she was on the phone and what caught my attention was that Tonya deliberately lied to the guest on the phone and said that mail hadn't arrived. After hanging the phone up she addressed me and stated that she would be with me in a moment then she proceeded to sort mail. I was a bit annoyed that she would choose to do this prior to checking me in but just waited and observed her removing coupons and placing them into a separate pile. I distinctly observed several of the same Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons being put into this pile but thought nothing of it until right before my eyes, with no intention of concealing her actions, Tonya placed the pile of coupons in a purse that I can only assume belonged to her.
Not only is this morally wrong, this happens to be a federal offense and I can only imagine how long this has been happening to paying guests. I feel it is my obligation to notify you of what I witnessed and would be more than happy to cooperate with the Extended Stay to ensure that this does not happen again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Unacceptable1
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The incident with our associate not handling mail properly, and the untimely check-in you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am counseling her to ensure that misuse of guest mail does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cdg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.