“Federal offense”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon my brief stay at the hotel I witnessed something that was worthy of taking the time to write this review which is not something I typically do.
As I was waiting I the lobby to be checked in, I observed the front desk personnel by the name of Tonya (this is all her name tag revealed) talking to a guest in a completely unprofessional manor and rolling her eyes in plain sight of me. The mail carrier arrived and delivered mail as she was on the phone and what caught my attention was that Tonya deliberately lied to the guest on the phone and said that mail hadn't arrived. After hanging the phone up she addressed me and stated that she would be with me in a moment then she proceeded to sort mail. I was a bit annoyed that she would choose to do this prior to checking me in but just waited and observed her removing coupons and placing them into a separate pile. I distinctly observed several of the same Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons being put into this pile but thought nothing of it until right before my eyes, with no intention of concealing her actions, Tonya placed the pile of coupons in a purse that I can only assume belonged to her.
Not only is this morally wrong, this happens to be a federal offense and I can only imagine how long this has been happening to paying guests. I feel it is my obligation to notify you of what I witnessed and would be more than happy to cooperate with the Extended Stay to ensure that this does not happen again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Unacceptable1
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The incident with our associate not handling mail properly, and the untimely check-in you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am counseling her to ensure that misuse of guest mail does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cdg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove

Address: 3150 Finley Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1154
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Price Range: $64 - $82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Downers Grove Extended Stay