“This redroof inn is great”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
“This redroof inn is great”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 times in the last year and have seen the remodel that they have been doing and it looks good and is nice place to stay. Close to the Patio Which has great food. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Close to my sons school also ( UTI ).

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Chrisl62
John D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Good afternoon, Chrisl62

Thank you for your kind review of our lovely hotel. We are all very proud of this location and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. As you have noticed, we are always making improvements at Red Roof Inn. This week, we have begun installing brand new door locks to all of our guest rooms, which will make your stay even more enjoyable. Take care, and happy holidays to you and yours!

John Danielson
i0087@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Staff was helpful and very friendly. Hotel was very nice with their new design, clean and fresh smell to the room plus it is 100% smoke free which is a plus. Check In and Out was very quick. I will be a repeat customer Ü

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was great. any room I would say and it is very affordable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tori v
John D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Good afternoon, tori v

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding the Downers Grove property and staff!! We've worked hard to make many improvements to the hotel in the recent months, and it's exciting to hear back from our guests how much they enjoy our new look. As you've most likely noticed, the staff at this location have been with the company for quite a long time, which speaks volumes to our dedication to employee and guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you, again, in the very near future!!

John Danielson
Batavia, IL
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was able to discount from the website with an online coupon I found to reduce my rate by 20%. Room was nice and clean a little warm but, still no issues.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Jason and Charlene made it easy to check out in the morning.
No frills but no surprises either. Easy access to any hwy N, S, E, or West.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mr Rick C.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. We are delighted that you found our location to be convenient and the discounted internet price to be even better than our already low rates. We very much look forward to serving you in the future.
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had an amazing experience at this hotel. I needed help at odd hours and got more help than I asked for! On 3 separate occasions involving 3 different employees, I received amazing help without even asking. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a simple and peaceful stay in Downers Grove.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AnonymousMel
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! On behalf of my team at the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove, I wanted to express our sincere gratitude for your acknowledgement of our willingness to go above and beyond. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you during your stay. We not only renovated our rooms, we rededicated our staff. Thank you for noticing. We love this place! I can assure you, that we will continue to provide the same superior service in your future visits.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The new renovated Red Roof's are very nice. The prices here are a good value for the quality of the rooms and I really appreciate the 100% smoke free policy. The staff here was also very friendly and the area has many conveniences. I typically spring the extra cash for the Superior King room which has a larger TV, ironing board, fridge and microwave included however I do travel with my own mini-fridge for medication purposes just in case. The rooms are much larger and offer a desk area. the hardwood floors are a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 336GOTTAGORIGHTNOW
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. The staff here was delighted to hear your comments. I am happy to hear that our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations. We are also pleased that you found the Superior King to be the right fit for your travel needs and at the right price. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Ilinois
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place is NASTY!!!! It is full of black bugs and large spiders the size of mini donut. I woke up after being bitten by a huge black/ spider like bug. I called the front desk and reported it to a guy that didn't seem shocked at all. I hope the Village inspector close this dump down right away before someone gets ill. I suggest everyone get a tetanus shot before considering a night here. Trust me, you will need it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Frequent T
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Frequent T

While I was glad to see that you took the time to give us a report in Tripadvisor, I was also very sorry that you encountered unusual issues during your stay. At your convenience, I would appreciate if you would call me at the Hotel (630)963-4205 so that I can take proper notes and access any situation in the room that you stayed in. I hope to hear from you again and my goal is to better serve you in your next stay.
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a bad experience in Glen Ellyn, Il with a so called hotel. I needed a hotel in a pinch.
I took a chance on the Red Roof. It was terrific. The rooms are beautiful I took a Superior King,
Mico, Refr. Huge room, business center, free wifi. The only drawback was the old fashioned
doors opening to the parking area. I have never like that option. But, the hotel is well lit, has
professional staff working the desk, and lots of security. I would be happy to choose this
hotel next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The superior King room is very nice. And, during a sale, was $65. Can't beat it. Close to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Diane B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. My team and I at Red Roof Inn- Downers Grove are very glad that we met all of your expectations. Our recent renovation was done with our valuable guests like you in mind. I am happy to know that our Superior King room offered all the amenities that you mentioned and that it was a big plus for you. I am so pleased to know that Red Roof Inn has earned your loyalty and I will be looking forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!