“This place is NASTY!!! It should be called "Rock Bottom"”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place is NASTY!!!! It is full of black bugs and large spiders the size of mini donut. I woke up after being bitten by a huge black/ spider like bug. I called the front desk and reported it to a guy that didn't seem shocked at all. I hope the Village inspector close this dump down right away before someone gets ill. I suggest everyone get a tetanus shot before considering a night here. Trust me, you will need it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Frequent T
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Frequent T

While I was glad to see that you took the time to give us a report in Tripadvisor, I was also very sorry that you encountered unusual issues during your stay. At your convenience, I would appreciate if you would call me at the Hotel (630)963-4205 so that I can take proper notes and access any situation in the room that you stayed in. I hope to hear from you again and my goal is to better serve you in your next stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a bad experience in Glen Ellyn, Il with a so called hotel. I needed a hotel in a pinch.
I took a chance on the Red Roof. It was terrific. The rooms are beautiful I took a Superior King,
Mico, Refr. Huge room, business center, free wifi. The only drawback was the old fashioned
doors opening to the parking area. I have never like that option. But, the hotel is well lit, has
professional staff working the desk, and lots of security. I would be happy to choose this
hotel next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The superior King room is very nice. And, during a sale, was $65. Can't beat it. Close to the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Diane B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. My team and I at Red Roof Inn- Downers Grove are very glad that we met all of your expectations. Our recent renovation was done with our valuable guests like you in mind. I am happy to know that our Superior King room offered all the amenities that you mentioned and that it was a big plus for you. I am so pleased to know that Red Roof Inn has earned your loyalty and I will be looking forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Mirian Leon
i0087@redroof.com

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Room was OK No extras like in room coffee or an iron. It was clean and nice room fresh sheets and comfortable bed. The staff was excellent and helped out with questions. Jason was very good about helping me find a resturant I was looking for in the area. Bravo Jason! Stay was worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JCtaveler

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am always delighted to hear that our staff continues to provide excellent customer service to our valued guests like you, Jason was very happy to read your comments as well. I would like to suggest that in your next stay with us, you might want to request one of our Superior King room which has a micro-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Iron, hairdryer, and large work station.
Please feel free to contact us directly so that we may make your future reservations for you.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Mirian Leon
i0087@redroof.com

Reviewed August 18, 2013

For the price about $75 with taxes, this hotel had all I needed. Very clean, has free internet, flat screen tv, nice desk to work on the computer. Bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall, I was very satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I want you to know that your positive feedback is an encouragement for the entire team at the Red Roof Inn Downers Grove. Our recent renovation and conversion to 100% smoke free was intended to meet our guest needs and satisfaction. I am glad to know that our remodeled room exceeded your expectations. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we spent one night in this motel going to Chicago. the double queen bed room (57$ tax incl with a coupon) was clean, with modern furniture and shower was perfect ! during the night there was an incident and a "piece of iron" went down !! there was a lot of noise and we really scared but at the end nothing happened. In any case, when we made check out we informed the man at the front desk , he excused for the incident and refunded us for the room: according to me this is really an excellent customer service !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank froggy73

It was such an honor that you selected our hotel during your visit to Chicago. Also, I’m very glad that our newly remodeled 100% smoke free room fulfilled all your expectations and made your stay very pleasant. I would like to present my deepest apology for the incident that you encountered during your stay and I am very happy that we were given the opportunity to take good care of you before you departed.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I hope to meet you in person in your next stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff here is wonderful. Everyone is so gracious and kind. Being in a big city coming here from the south it was hard but my time here at Red Roof has given me rest and peace of mind due to the quality of service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Mr. James R.

How wonderfull it is to read positive review from our valuable guests like you. My team and I wanted to thank you for the great feedback. Please let us know if there is any thing else that we can do for you to make your stay even more comfortable.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a single night's stay on the way to business in Chicago. Very pleasant, very affordable, seems fresh and up-to-date. The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was quiet, the a/c was powerful and quiet.

Highlight: outstanding water pressure in the shower (I hate showers that dribble on me, this one was excellent) and a very clean bath.

Low point: coffee. Not much above gas station coffee, but it was hot, free and caffeinated. There's a Panera across the road for somewhat better coffee and decent food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mr. David
Thank you so much for letting us knows about your stay at our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. I was very happy to know that you noticed all of the upgrades done in our recent renovation. It is so delightful to read positive feedback like yours. Let me know if I can be of any service to you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#3 of 3 in Westmont
2 mi away
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!