“Good stay”

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed August 18, 2013

For the price about $75 with taxes, this hotel had all I needed. Very clean, has free internet, flat screen tv, nice desk to work on the computer. Bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall, I was very satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I want you to know that your positive feedback is an encouragement for the entire team at the Red Roof Inn Downers Grove. Our recent renovation and conversion to 100% smoke free was intended to meet our guest needs and satisfaction. I am glad to know that our remodeled room exceeded your expectations. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we spent one night in this motel going to Chicago. the double queen bed room (57$ tax incl with a coupon) was clean, with modern furniture and shower was perfect ! during the night there was an incident and a "piece of iron" went down !! there was a lot of noise and we really scared but at the end nothing happened. In any case, when we made check out we informed the man at the front desk , he excused for the incident and refunded us for the room: according to me this is really an excellent customer service !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank froggy73

It was such an honor that you selected our hotel during your visit to Chicago. Also, I’m very glad that our newly remodeled 100% smoke free room fulfilled all your expectations and made your stay very pleasant. I would like to present my deepest apology for the incident that you encountered during your stay and I am very happy that we were given the opportunity to take good care of you before you departed.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I hope to meet you in person in your next stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff here is wonderful. Everyone is so gracious and kind. Being in a big city coming here from the south it was hard but my time here at Red Roof has given me rest and peace of mind due to the quality of service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Mr. James R.

How wonderfull it is to read positive review from our valuable guests like you. My team and I wanted to thank you for the great feedback. Please let us know if there is any thing else that we can do for you to make your stay even more comfortable.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a single night's stay on the way to business in Chicago. Very pleasant, very affordable, seems fresh and up-to-date. The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was quiet, the a/c was powerful and quiet.

Highlight: outstanding water pressure in the shower (I hate showers that dribble on me, this one was excellent) and a very clean bath.

Low point: coffee. Not much above gas station coffee, but it was hot, free and caffeinated. There's a Panera across the road for somewhat better coffee and decent food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mr. David
Thank you so much for letting us knows about your stay at our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. I was very happy to know that you noticed all of the upgrades done in our recent renovation. It is so delightful to read positive feedback like yours. Let me know if I can be of any service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This red roof inn . Seems to always disappoint me!!!! House keeping do a poor Job. I almost always find something wrong with my room. Dirty towels, bath tub have been dirty. Some times the bed have had hair on it. I have had Bugs in my room before. They have updated they rooms and they do look nice, but House keeping don't do they job. They are good at busting in your room. The staff need customer services training. I don't even complain anymore. They don't accommodate you anyway. Why do I keep staying there. I was hoping they would get better. But this past Friday was my last time staying there. Red roof inn is not for me. One time I had a issue at this location, I was told the GM would be contacting me. It never happened . I was drying off and realize the towel I was using was dirty, so I'm still feeling discussed it about that. That was my breaking point with Red roof Inn Chicago-downers Grove.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trimainew
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Trimainew

I appreciate the time given to write a review. As I read it, I immediately became very concern, primarily because you mentioned that you are one of our loyal guests. I would like to be given an opportunity to rectify all your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel, at any time at (630)963-4205. I can assure you that I will take the proper corrective action; my goal is to meet all your expectations in your next visits.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed a night at this hotel. It was pretty quiet so that was nice. The rooms are decent, nothing to speak off. definitely not awful or anything. If you're just looking for a cheap stay for a night, this is a good place. It is about 25 mins outside of downtown Chicago...
There is no breakfast service but there is coffee and tea in the lobby. .
No pool or hot tub.
Bathroom is decent.
If you're not from Illinois and you don't know where you're going, i'd advise you get a map (you can get them at a toll both)
There at Tolls every 10 miles on the main highways and it's absolutely ridiculous. But there are other highways around the main ones that will get you were you need to go. Don't give in to the toll booths! They steal all your money!!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main highways, the toll booths will take everything you have. Ask the front de...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryde4life

Dear Mr. Ride4life

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. At Red Roof Inn-Downers Grove we value our guest feedback. I am very happy that after our renovation, you found our hotel to be delightful and at the right price. I apologize for not having breakfast service in our facility, but we have many restaurant choices in a short distance. My team and I would gladly be at your service, so we can assist you by providing more guidance and directions around town in your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the place to stay if you want to be treated with dignity and class. The rooms have been newly remodeled and very pleasant to the eyes. Everything is kept immaculate and all details are tended to even the little sticker on the toilet paper. The staff is a pleasure and ALWAYs willing to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. Every time I stay I am welcomed as if I were part of the family. This is a no smoking site which thrills me beyond belief because all it says to me is someone else cares about me breathing second hand stale cigarette smoke in my room too.The mattresses and pillows make it very difficult to get out of bed. I will return as often as I get a chance!!! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed, I promise you!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Juan
It is such a pleasure to read reviews like yours, thank you for that. At Red Roof Inn Downers Grove, we are driven by our customers and we treat all of them just like you said with dignity and class. Our renovation has been such a success that we are getting nothing but positive comments including yours. We also believe in having our property ready for sale at all times because our first impression to your eyes leaves a farewell feeling in our hearts. My team and I are so happy that our customers are fully satisfied with our service. We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Red Roof Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!