“affordable, solid ... and a great shower”

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a single night's stay on the way to business in Chicago. Very pleasant, very affordable, seems fresh and up-to-date. The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was quiet, the a/c was powerful and quiet.

Highlight: outstanding water pressure in the shower (I hate showers that dribble on me, this one was excellent) and a very clean bath.

Low point: coffee. Not much above gas station coffee, but it was hot, free and caffeinated. There's a Panera across the road for somewhat better coffee and decent food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mr. David
Thank you so much for letting us knows about your stay at our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. I was very happy to know that you noticed all of the upgrades done in our recent renovation. It is so delightful to read positive feedback like yours. Let me know if I can be of any service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This red roof inn . Seems to always disappoint me!!!! House keeping do a poor Job. I almost always find something wrong with my room. Dirty towels, bath tub have been dirty. Some times the bed have had hair on it. I have had Bugs in my room before. They have updated they rooms and they do look nice, but House keeping don't do they job. They are good at busting in your room. The staff need customer services training. I don't even complain anymore. They don't accommodate you anyway. Why do I keep staying there. I was hoping they would get better. But this past Friday was my last time staying there. Red roof inn is not for me. One time I had a issue at this location, I was told the GM would be contacting me. It never happened . I was drying off and realize the towel I was using was dirty, so I'm still feeling discussed it about that. That was my breaking point with Red roof Inn Chicago-downers Grove.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trimainew
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Trimainew

I appreciate the time given to write a review. As I read it, I immediately became very concern, primarily because you mentioned that you are one of our loyal guests. I would like to be given an opportunity to rectify all your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel, at any time at (630)963-4205. I can assure you that I will take the proper corrective action; my goal is to meet all your expectations in your next visits.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed a night at this hotel. It was pretty quiet so that was nice. The rooms are decent, nothing to speak off. definitely not awful or anything. If you're just looking for a cheap stay for a night, this is a good place. It is about 25 mins outside of downtown Chicago...
There is no breakfast service but there is coffee and tea in the lobby. .
No pool or hot tub.
Bathroom is decent.
If you're not from Illinois and you don't know where you're going, i'd advise you get a map (you can get them at a toll both)
There at Tolls every 10 miles on the main highways and it's absolutely ridiculous. But there are other highways around the main ones that will get you were you need to go. Don't give in to the toll booths! They steal all your money!!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main highways, the toll booths will take everything you have. Ask the front de...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryde4life

Dear Mr. Ride4life

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. At Red Roof Inn-Downers Grove we value our guest feedback. I am very happy that after our renovation, you found our hotel to be delightful and at the right price. I apologize for not having breakfast service in our facility, but we have many restaurant choices in a short distance. My team and I would gladly be at your service, so we can assist you by providing more guidance and directions around town in your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the place to stay if you want to be treated with dignity and class. The rooms have been newly remodeled and very pleasant to the eyes. Everything is kept immaculate and all details are tended to even the little sticker on the toilet paper. The staff is a pleasure and ALWAYs willing to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. Every time I stay I am welcomed as if I were part of the family. This is a no smoking site which thrills me beyond belief because all it says to me is someone else cares about me breathing second hand stale cigarette smoke in my room too.The mattresses and pillows make it very difficult to get out of bed. I will return as often as I get a chance!!! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed, I promise you!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Juan
It is such a pleasure to read reviews like yours, thank you for that. At Red Roof Inn Downers Grove, we are driven by our customers and we treat all of them just like you said with dignity and class. Our renovation has been such a success that we are getting nothing but positive comments including yours. We also believe in having our property ready for sale at all times because our first impression to your eyes leaves a farewell feeling in our hearts. My team and I are so happy that our customers are fully satisfied with our service. We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have stayed at this place twice now and it is clean and a good value. Was close to my overall favorite restaraunt. the patio. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Close to the school my son is going to. Recently doing more renovations so they are keeping the property up.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Chris
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review. The team at Red Roof Inn Downers Grove and I, are glad to hear that your favorite restaurant is one of the many popular restaurants in our area. I am happy to hear that your son’s school is near us as well and I am so very glad that we are your first hotel choice. The renovations you have mentioned had been done with valued guests like you in mind and I cannot wait to see you upon your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Now that the new renovation are in place, the inn has taken on a whole new look. Throughly love the new floor, beds, just very appealing. TV is nice size, no more carpeting is great. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Also a nice safe area, walking around area no problem, some restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank itslimetime
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for all the nice comments. Most importantly, I am very happy to know that your overall stay was a positive experience. The constructive responses that we are hearing from valuable guests like yourself, have let us know that the renovations are a success. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you the next time you visit our hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was nice. We were in one of the newer rooms that had wood floors. The only thing that was a problem was the lack of a coffee maker in the room. Not a big coffee drinker but like the option. Probably would not stay here again just for the fact of the distance from Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

It is always great and encouraging to read positive reviews from our guests, thank you so much for that. I am very happy that you enjoyed our new remodeled rooms and that your stay was a positive one. I wanted to let you know that we have what we call “Superior King” rooms in which we feature extra amenities such as: coffee maker, iron, iron board, hairdryer. Feel free to contact me any time prior your arrival so I can help making sure that we provide the room type that will fulfill your expectations. Also; If our hotel is too far from the place that you need to be, I can help you locating a sister property that may be a better distance from Chicago.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!