“Red Roof Inn - Downers Grove, IL”

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Lansing, MI
“Red Roof Inn - Downers Grove, IL”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was nice. We were in one of the newer rooms that had wood floors. The only thing that was a problem was the lack of a coffee maker in the room. Not a big coffee drinker but like the option. Probably would not stay here again just for the fact of the distance from Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
It is always great and encouraging to read positive reviews from our guests, thank you so much for that. I am very happy that you enjoyed our new remodeled rooms and that your stay was a positive one. I wanted to let you know that we have what we call “Superior King” rooms in which we feature extra amenities such as: coffee maker, iron, iron board, hairdryer. Feel free to contact me any time prior your arrival so I can help making sure that we provide the room type that will fulfill your expectations. Also; If our hotel is too far from the place that you need to be, I can help you locating a sister property that may be a better distance from Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently stayed at the property. The rooms in the back building are currently being rennovated. The rooms in the front building have been completed. I had stayed here previously and was aware of the WIFI issue. This time I stayed in room 204 and had no issue with the WIFI. It helps that it is directly over the main office. With the room I stayed in being rennnovated, it was like staying in a brand new hotel.
You cannot beat the price especially with AAA discount and they are currently giving you a gas coupon good for 40 cents off a gallon at Speedway. There is no breakfast, just coffee, but there are restaurants nearby if needed. The front desk person was courteous.

Room Tip: For best WIFI connection, stay in a room near the front office.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking some time to write a positive review about your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. We love to hear from our frequent guests. I am very happy that the Wi-Fi met your expectations this time and that you found our newly remodeled rooms enjoyable, meeting all your expectations. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.
Rockford
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here and just had to give it rave reviews.. EVERYONE from the management to the maintenance staff are helpful, and pleasant! There is not one bad thing we could find about this location! The updates on the rooms are fantastic!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a CLEAN, QUIET, location with the best in customer service. don't miss th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for giving the time to write a review. Positive guest response is a great encouragement for me and my staff, which I will be sharing with the entire team. I am also glad to read that you stayed in one of our newly remodeled rooms, and most importantly that they are appealing and welcoming in the guests view. Once again, thank you so much for the great feedback and positive comments.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this Red Roof based on location and the acceptance of pets. On arrival the the it was clear the property was in the midst of a renovation. We were offered a newly renovated room with wooden floors rather than wall to wall carpeting. The room was clean and smelled fresh. It was odd that one of the desk clerks had an industrial grade respirator mask on. Made me wonder what she was protecting herself from...

After our first night, we returned midday to the room for a 1 hour cat nap for my 5 year old and then off for an afternoon of fun. When we returned at the end of the day, we found our room had never been cleaned. I returned to the front desk and the masked desk clerk asked if she could get us any towels, but that was the extent of her graciousness. The next morning when I brought the lack of service to the attention of another desk clerk, without a mask by the way, he made an adjustment to our bill for the lack of maid service which was appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FlyingMike
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Mike
I appreciate the time given to write a review based on your last stay at our Hotel. Your observations and comments are always welcome. As you mentioned in your review, it is always very challenging when renovations and upgrades are taking place. Our property very soon will be presenting a new good looking lobby, and is now renting newly remodeled guest rooms. I do appreciate your understanding during renovations and I also wanted to invite you over to be witness to our new fresh looking lobby and guest rooms.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The bedspreads are threadbare and have holes in the lining. There is no tissue...oh wait, finally found it...a small pocket pack is apparently what passes for a box of tissue. The strangest thing is that the fan / window unit only blows cold air...if you keep looking, you'll find the heat thermostat...and the heat units are up on the wall near the ceiling...I guess no one told them heat rises! Upon calling the desk to say the room was cold, they said "well we never had a problem wtih them heating up"... eventually...hours later...it did finally get warm with the heat cranked all the way up. The bed was passable, although the towels were quite thin and threadbare. Overall, not someplace I'd go back to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WindyCityGirl88
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. My big apologies to you for all the issues found on your recent stay. I will share you’re observations with our cleaning team to ensure that threadbare bedspreads, holes in the linen are not overlooked. I am so sorry that you found our tissue pack to be too small; however, do know that we provide any extras at no additional charge at the front desk. I am also very sorry that you found the separation of the air conditioning by the window from our heather units to be inconvenient. We do maintain both at a room temperature. You'll be happy to know however that, corrective majors are currently taken place; we are currently undergoing a major renovation of our Inn and will be 100% Smoke free once it is completed. I sure hope that you give us another opportunity; and be the witness of our commitment and effort to provide an upgraded and improved product.
I sure hope that next time that you are in our area, you give us another chance to stay with us or in any other sister property in the Chicagoland area so that you may experience the true value that Red Roof Inn has to offer to our valuable customers like you.
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The room was very clean. Everything has been updated recently and is very modern and comfortable. It seemed safe. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the free wifi. The only small issue was the towel I used after showering. It was the size of a postage stamp and so un-softened that it scratched my skin as I dried myself. If that's the only negative thing I can say, then I think we have a winner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
i0087, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review as that means a lot to us. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the room quality as well as your overall good impression of our property. I will make sure to share your observations with our entire staff; but primarily, with our cleaning team. Your feedback about the room been very clean goes a long ways, and it means a lot to us. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have decided to write this review on my iPhone due to the wifi here being slower than anything I've ever experienced. I'm sure some of you can recal the days of dial up? Yea... Guys, lets take dial up and multiply is to the tenth power. The wifi here is awful, and I hope you can take that into strong consideration if you plan on using it frequently. I have been waiting 12 minutes now for my page to load, and this has been going on since the beginning of my stay. This morning (about 4am), I was woke up. Not by my alarm clock, but by a fire alarm malfunction. The front desk is rude. Wake up calls are a joke. I would trust my 3 year old daughter to wake me up before I trusted these people to make a requested wake up call (they have failed at 3 so far, an counting!) I killed a brown recluse spider in my bathroom the second night of my stay. You have a total of about 25 tv channels, which all suck. My safe In my room is non functioning, which is awesome considering I have no where to lock up my personal belongings. My alarm clock shuts off when ever it pleases. The beds are similar to something I believe you would find in a prison. The provided coffee cups are equal to about 5 shot glasses of fluid. And if you want coffee, you had better not plan on staying in anything less than the deluxe king room, because you won't have a coffee maker. And as I sit here and listen to the god awful interstate noise, I conclude this review with advising you to pay the extra few bucks and stay somewhere nicer. This motel is a complete let down.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such as detailed review. I can only begin to imagine the frustration your felt during your stay, and I sincerely apologize if I was unavailable at any time during your stay that you may have attempted to contact me. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you, please feel free to contact me at your convenience, so that I may be able to properly address all your concerns. My goal is to make it right and leave you confident in our ability to serve your hotel needs and expectations in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!