“Great Place! Great Staff! Comfy Beds!”

Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Washington
“Great Place! Great Staff! Comfy Beds!”
Reviewed December 31, 2006

We stayed here for four nights over the Christmas 2006 holiday using Hilton Honor points. The hotel was very clean, the beds were very comfy and the staff was very friendly. Plus, being that we were there from the 22nd-26th, the hotel was VERY quiet.

When we returned to the hotel late on Xmas Eve night, the hotel staff had a plate of cookies and milk for our kids to leave for Santa. Wow!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Comfy Beds and Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Elevators move slow
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
naples, fl.
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We picked this Doubletree based on some good reviews, but now that my Husband and I have stayed there I wonder where the rest of these people stayed. At check-in we finally got to an acceptable room after changing rooms three different times because of a noisy airconditioning unit and smoke smell. The T.V. didn't work properly. The elevator didn't work properly -- always skipping the 4th fl. we were on. The furniture was worn. The common area carpets were stained and dirty. Our room had a musty odor almost like they tried to cover up a smoke smell. On a couple of days our room wasn't cleaned until 3:30 p.m. At a $151/night AARP rate, this room was not worth the price. We would never stay here again! Look elsewhere.
A Trip Advisor Member from Naples, Fl.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank Forjoy
Midwest
Reviewed July 25, 2006

We stayed one night there and we kept having to change rooms. The problem was with the air conditioning. For some reason the rooms were musty - almost a moldly smell. The second room even had a damp carpet when we opened the door.

Overall I haven't had much luck with Doubletree.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed January 21, 2006

I'm originally from Wheaton, and when I'm back in the area on business, etc., we usually book Doubletree Guest Suites in Downer's Grove. Although older, the hotel is well maintained and very clean. Staff is friendly and ready to help; the included chocolate cookies at check-in are divine (and addictive) after a long stretch on the road.

The suites are spacious, featuring a divided "living room" area with foldout sofa, TV, and small kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, sink), and a bathroom and bedroom, along with high-speed wireless Internet access. The suites face an open atrium, which can be noisier at night, especially if the atrium has been booked for a large reception. There is also an attached conference center for business meetings. The breakfast buffet is above average and is served in the central atrium, with lots of plants and natural light.

All in all, my first stop when I'm back in the Greater Chicago Area.

• Stayed May 2003
3 Thank Bundtlust
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 5, 2005

I had a brief stay at the Doubletree in Downers Grove over the 4th of July weekend and it was very nice while it lasted. The check-in staff was very friendly and even gave us a few extra cookies. Those are a nice touch; I only wish they didn't have nuts in them. The bartender even tracked down some milk for my girlfriend to go with the cookies. The room is a true suite and was plenty large for the two of us. The door between the rooms allowed me to watch sportscenter while my girlfriend slept in. Overall a nice place to stay with plenty of room for a family. As we were only there for about 13 hours, I can't comment on the restaurants or pool facility. As the overall cleanliness of the property was very good, I imagine these would have been the same.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank larbear76
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed June 5, 2005

While staying in Downers Grove my family and I found the Double Tree a nice find, the rooms were nice and clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel's located near plenty of places to shop and eat. The next time I'm in the area you can bet that I'll be staying at the Double Tree

• Stayed July 2003
3 Thank esnell
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2005

My family recelntly stayed at this hotel and it was a disaster! The room was decent, but the pool and surrounding area was filthy and we had to wait 20 minutes after requesting towels to dry off with. The restaurant was not accepting guests as it was closed for a private party - we were not informed of this until we waited at the hostess station for over 10 minutes. Housekeeping left the door to our suite unlocked and wide open for what may have been the entire day. We were lucky that all of our belongings were still there when we returned. I would definitely not stay here again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Property: Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Address: 2111 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1043
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel