Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Pure comfort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter, grandson and I stayed here for a night and was thoroughly happy with everything from check in to check out. The beds and bedding were wonderfully comfy! I felt like I was lying on down. We enjoyed a great hot breakfast buffet that had more choices that we could eat, but the homemade muffins were incredible! The front desk employees were helpful, pleasant and courteous. This is the first time I have stayed at a Doubletree and I have become a big fan! The hotel was convenient to shopping and restaurants. It was also easy on/off the toll road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was recently in the area for a conference and stayed in Doubletree and I liked it.
The front desk staff were nice and gave me a warm cookie after check in which was a nice treat.
The room was nice with sitting area with a TV and small fridge and microwave. The bedroom is separated by a door which is nice thing. The atrium can be noisy, but the separated bedroom didn't have any of the noise of the atrium.
The room was clean, all the sheets and towels were spotless.
I used their shuttle to my conference location which was really convenient.
This place is a decent business hotel and will try it again if I have to come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Doubletree Downers grove with my wife and son while we were in town for a hockey tournament. Enjoyed our stay immensely. I am a Hilton Honors member because I live Hilton properties and this one was no exception. The rooms were huge and very clean. The beds were great, and the pillows even better. Free cookies at check in and really whenever you ask because the staff is so great. And the free breakfast was delicious!! And since we were there for a hockey tournament, we had the rest of the team was there too and the staff was more than accommodating to all the kids. The indoor pool was great and we loved the hot tubs. The hotel was near a TON of restaurants and shopping and was an easy drive to downtown Chicago. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. Thanks for making mine and the rest of Team TN's stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Interestingly, Google maps and Garmin both struggled to find the proper directions for this Doubletree, a converted Embassy Suites if I had to guess. There is a traffic light for the entrance, which both mapping options fail to know about. It almost seems like the cross street is marked as a divided highway, perhaps. My room was on the second floor, and was enormous, with a separate living area with wet bar, flat screen, etc, and then the bedroom in a second room. Accommodations were perfectly fine, with comfy bedding, lots of pillows, and a welcoming chocolate. You have to love the warm cookies, too. The breakfast downstairs is modest, and about $12. If you have access to the frequent guest lounge, do it. Approximately the same food service in a quiet and comfortable setting on the top floor. Very convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc if you have business in this area. Parking filled up quickly, pushing us to an adjacent lot, but no big deal.

Room Tip: Google Maps and Garmin may both struggle to accurately find the hotel entrance. There is a light tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jersey City, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room had the worst smell the entire week and the hotel's solution was to put an ionizer in the room which barely did anything. Also they charge $12 a person for the type of continental breakfast that is free at every other hotel down the road. So many authentic breakfast places charge way less than that also down the road. Also charge $11 per device to get wifi that is free everywhere else...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank William N
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I am very sorry that you found our breakfast and internet fee to excessive and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear when you first booked your room. With this said, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and if there is anything I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact me.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Night auditor lady at check in was very nice and she welcomed us with smile and offer cookies. But the gentleman who checked us in had no manners, no smile did not explain anything about the Hotel. He was rude and he needs training how to serve guests. Other than this one employee awesome Hotel and staff!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Midwesterner
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center in Downers Grove was last minute. I am familiar with this area & knew the location would be very good for the various commitments I had while in town. This was the first time I've been to this property but I am familiar with Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and most Hilton products. This hotel is tucked back off a busy road & convenient to the tollway(s). There is plenty of shopping & good restaurants nearby. I called to let them know I'd be arriving later than expected and was comforted to arrive to my complimentary cookie & water. I had a nice suite. The room was nicely appointed. The air conditioning was functioning nicely but was a little noisy at night; my only disappointment was the lack of a bathrobe and the tiny amenities in the bathroom.
So, you may wonder why I rate this as average....well, it's really in the lack of "polish" of the staff. The housekeeper was friendly and accommodating each morning. The one person I encountered in the tiny little nook of a gift shop was abrupt and hardly apologetic that she couldn't provide coffee - the equipment was not functioning. I used my breakfast ticket to grab a cup of coffee & muffin to go from the restaurant. Two of the staff in the restaurant stood in the doorway chatting & paid no attention that they were blocking GUESTS from coming/going. The front desk staff definitely needs to brush up on their people skills. I found them awkward and disengaged.
I was in search of the guest laundry ~ which is noted in the guest services book in the suites ~ and was told that they "took it out". I was then given a list of "nearby" laundromats, none of which are convenient to the hotel.
While the location & value were good, the Hilton name is not represented well by the staff at this hotel. There is an Embassy Suites down the road with a friendlier, more professional staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank politicallyincorrect
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review! We will definitely use your feedback to focus our training efforts where they are needed. We appreciate you mentioning that the housekeeper was friendly and accommodating each morning. They are often overlooked and under appreciated. We will share your comment with them as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Property: Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Address: 2111 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1043
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel