Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Calumet City, Illinois
“Hidden Gem...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Like the way the rooms are set up they are all facing out (except for the corner rooms )where you can look down and see the dining area. Nice front room updated with new flat screen T.V's in front and bedroom .The bedrooms are more towards the back of the room. Had a nice peaceful stay .. NO BED BUGS! Good room service and housekeeping. Oh and the complimentary chocolate cookies.....AWESOME touch!

• Stayed February 2013
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you Kelly32084 for taking the time to share your experience! We will share your comments with the team and we hope to see you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2013

our stay was great as always. The kids enjoyed themselves at the pool all day. While we were there the staff was extremely helpful to us. The breakfast was great plus we/kids had a variety which made it better. Rooms are always clean and updated. The COOKIES are the fav.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Enjoyed my stay in Downer's Grove. In close distance to several restaraunts and stores. Clean rooms and friendly staff. They gave me an upgrade at no charge and also hooked me up with free breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was really nice and the staff at breakfast were right on top of things. Never ran out of food and not a dirty dish in sight. Kudos to them for their diligant work. Staff at desk was also very helpful and politely answered all of my 101 questions!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review Hannahlore! We appreciate your comments and will share them with the team! We hope to see you back again soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

While we were in your hotel there were 2 main issues; the terible service that we received, and the state of the facilities.The issues we faced are described below.

In terms of service, there was an extreme sense of indifference throughout the entire stay. When booking the room I requested a crib for my 9 month old son. I called the morning of my reservation to make sure that the staff had the request and the crib would be ready. I then called 15 minutes before we arrived to make sure that the crib would be set up as my son was very cranky and needed a nap. I was assured that the crib was set up for us. We checked in when we arrived which was the only time I felt we were treated with care.(again the front desk agent told me the crib was in the room) When we arrived in the room there was no crib. I called the desk and was told he would have it delivered right away(no apology for it not being there). I guess "right away" is different for that hotel as it took 45 minutes to receive the crib. After my sons nap we decided to go to the pool,(the pool deck was awful there was hair, mud, footprints and a cigarette butt that we saw) which apparently is the gateway for the employee smoking lounge. The maintence guy came into the pool room put a cigarette in his mouth and lit it on the way outside. By opening the door to a chicago winter in the pool area the temperature instantly dropped to a point that we had to leave with a wet 9 month old baby. When we got back to the room we fed the baby milk and when I went to wash the bottle I realized I had made a mistake and forgotten our dish washing soap, so I went to the front desk to see if I could have some. When I arrived at the front desk I was greeted with a "Yes?"(which must be this hotels version of how can I help you, as this is how I was greeted by all members of the staff for the rest of my stay.) When I explained my situation to the clerk and asked if I could have some dish washing soap I was told that they didn't have any, and to check the gift shop. After finding the gift shop didn't have any I returned to the front desk, as surely he could get some from the kitchen. well I guess thats aainst policy because I was told that cant happen. I took a 40 min round-trip expedition to target for SOAP. At this point we decided to have dinner, and did not have a menu or roomservice menu in the room so I went to the front desk to ask for one..."YES?" he provided me with a resturant menu and told me that there was a roomservice menu in my room that I should look harder than I did. After looking "harder" I called for them to send me one. The roomservice was prompt, but didn't bring the desert I ordered and was charged for. I also asked for a plate and spoon ahead of time so I could warm up the food I had for my son. I was told to pick it up at the front desk. The food I had except for the baked potato was inedible. wilted lettuce on the 14 dollar salad and no seasoning in the soup. I was so bad in fact I went to the bar hoping to get something different. "YES?" said the lounge assistant... I explained that the room-service was not good and I would like to order something else. No apology, just "what do you want?" The food I ordered from the lounge was significantly better. After we ate I went into the bathroom to clean baby bottles and for some reason I couldnt wash the milk out of the bottle. I then realized that the water coming out of the faucet was so cloudy I couldnt see through it! it was so disgusting neither myself nor my wife felt comfortable taking a shower or even brushing our teeth. Because of the way we had been treated over the course of the day we decided to not call to complain as we were confident that nothing would happen, but instead I am attaching a video of the sink for you. When I was leaving in the morning I stopped by the front desk to pay for my incidentals it wasn't until my receipt was printing that I was asked how my stay was... When I explained about the service issues i was offered the following as an explanation... "I'm sorry, that doesn't sound like our hotel. I hope you have a great rest of the day." I responded, "You too".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Casey R
We are sorry to hear about the many issues you encountered during your stay CaseyR. We know that you have been speaking to our Front Office Manager and have also received a response from our General Manager. Know that we take this feedback and your concerns very seriously and will focus our energy on continued developing our staff and improving our processes to insure these issues do not occur again. We hope our direct response to you was satisfactory and we will work very hard to insure that these issues do not occur again.
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

From the time you walk into the hotel the staff make you feel like their glad that you are there. Always smiling, pleasant and a welcome greeting. Check in is always fast with a willingness to help in anyway. Rooms are always clean and updated. If you are a Hilton honors member there is a member floor which provides food, drinks and a place to relax outside of your room, normally not crowded. I very much enjoy this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thanks for the review Charlie! We are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. I have always had a wonderful experience. I wanted to have a nice getaway for my husband and this is the first hotel I thought of. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are always clean and fresh. The breakfast is great. It is a buffet. The location is perfect for shoppers or people who like a variety of dining options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed there one night while attending a gymnastic meet. It was clean,well appointed and had courteous desk personnel. Although breakfast was not included,the buffet breakfast was very affordable and had good selections and the food was tasteful. We likied everything about this hotel. AAA rates were an exceptional value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it when you take the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Property: Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Address: 2111 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1043
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel