“Hotel staff is amazing!”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Hotel staff is amazing!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Andrea Hartwick is fantastic! She was the agent who checked us in. I do believe she is the friendliest person at any front desk that I have ever encountered. I have met nice people while traveling but she is by far the best. Wish more hotels had an Andrea!
Diane in breakfast also went above and beyond expectations. I am impressed with the guest service at this hotel. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We had a decent view from our room. Wish we would have requested a fridge but it was a great stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! Andrea certainly is awesome! We are so lucky to have her! And Diana too, she is great! Thank you for taking the time to recognize their hard work.

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
central Illinois
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I ended up not staying the night here, but I thought I should post a review anyways. When I booked the room, I thought it had a pool. We went to our room (which was nice) and the kids all got dressed in swimsuits and goggles and ready to go swimming. We got to the lobby to ask the desk person where the pool was and she let us know there was no pool. The kids were crying and so disappointed. The desk person was so kind and helpful. She called our room and offered to arrange a stay at the Crowne Plaza and took care of all the details. She didn't want to saying anything in front of the kids so she did it through the phone call.

We travel a lot and I've stayed in a lot of hotels, but she was definitely one of the friendliest desk people I've ever met. It wasn't just what she did, but her attitude was so good that we talked about the whole way to the other hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! While I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a pool, but I am happy to hear that our staff did such a great job! Thank you for sharing your feedback and happy travels!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work. The rooms are decent, simple, what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The lobby area, breakfast area needs to be updated. The staff was very nice. Not too much more to say, it's what I would expect.

Room Tip: Stay around the back of the hotel - more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear KarenS621,

Many thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the favorable comments about the rooms and our friendly staff. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry if you found the lobby and breakfast area less than satisfactory. Your comments about the property needing refurbishments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, we greatly appreciate your recommendation.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I got a good deal thru Priceline. This hotel has ample parking space and located in North Suburbs about 22 miles from Down town.
Provides good complimentary breakfast options. Rooms are spacious and clean with Daily room cleaning & Towel change.
It has Room balcony thats plus point in Summer.
Overall it was a very comfortable 2 day stay with family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We do have a great location that is convenient to many places and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of that. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you again soon!
Toronto, ON
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First time I use one of these websites to book a non-refundable mystery hotel (i.e. booked/paid first and name of hotel to be revealed later). A 2.5-star hotel in Lombard/Downers Grove/Oak Brook for a family of 4 at about $50/night plus taxes & fees. Expected to get a 2-dbl room without fridge, but to our surprise, were given a spacious room with 1 king and a pull-out sofa with fridge and microwave. The property was well-maintained and internet access was good. Breakfast was great, though high in calories. Wish there was a swimming pool! Location is 30-min drive to downtown Chicago. Neighborhood is safe, with many dining options. However, I could not find a gas station nearby. We spent 3 nights here at less than 1/2 of regular price, which was literally a steal!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience and at such a great value. We are glad to have you and appreciate your business. See you again soon!
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. The hotel was nice. A bit older but in good shape. Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn breakfast. Hotel staff was great. The hotel is located near many good restaurants. Can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I agree! You cant go wrong when staying with us! We offer a great hotel in a great location- thank you for choosing us and we look forward to having you again soon. Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Happy travels!
Pueblo West, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was an okay visit, but this property has slipped. We stayed five days and only one evening I was able to get regular coffee through the desk clerk. Decaf was all they put in the room the entire stay. This Holiday Inn Express could use an update in the interior. The room was relatively barren without a small fridge or microwave. The bed was comfortable and we bought pillows on the way from the Airport for this visit. The pillows in the room, as usual, provided little support. I believe I will experiment and try a different property the next time we come to town. The highlight of this visit was the breakfast buffet. It was standard fare for Holiday Inn Express and was well stocked and replenished.

Room Tip: Microwaves and small refrigerators are only in the Suites. My regular room cost $130 one of the nig...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim N
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to WOW you during your stay. We strive to make every experience perfect and I am sad to see we were not able to do so with you. I will be sure to follow up with the appropriate staff members in regards to the missing regular coffee because it is our policy to refill the coffee every day. I am sorry that we missed that for you. We are constantly improving and updating so I would love for you to come back in the future so tht you can see how great we are!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!