We booked a room through priceline for $50. We called the hotel the night before our trip at about 8pm as the instructions said to call and let them know your room preference. When we spoke with them we requested a king size non smoking room, they said they couldn't guarentee anything but they didn't see any issue with our request as there were plenty of rooms available.
We arrived to check in at around 02:05 pm and the front desk told us that we would have to wait another 15-20 min for our room. Five minutes later, she told us our room was ready.
We ended up in a handicapped accesible room. I went back to the front desk to ask if we waited if we could be moved to a different rooom. They told us no and that all the rooms were booked.
The bathroom took up half of the size of the room. It is interesting because on the page when we booked it said that you could relax in your bath tub. Not ours....I think that should be taken down as false advertising. I understand that they can't guarntee what room we get, so they shouldn't list amenities on their page that we didn't have.
The beds here are extremly small and uncomfortable.My husband had back pains for two days after. A friend of ours stayed in a two queen room and their beds were just as small. Her room had a couch type chair where our room only had an office chair. They are more like the size of a double.
The air conditioning is located within arms reach and kicks on and off every five minutes. Maybe because the size of room was smaller since half of the space was taken up by the bathroom. The air conditioning wasn't really loud when it was on, but that constant kicking on and off woke me up throught the night, and I am normally a heavy sleeper.
Wi fi was awful, and we were on the ground floor by the front desk. Could not connect.
The breakfast was not stocked. This is the second holiday inn express I have stayed at with a malfunctioning pancake machine. I was asking my husband where the spoons were and the person working the breakfast area heard me and made a loud sigh as it looked like the spoons needed restocking. Apparantly this was too much work for her as it was never refilled.
I also noticed when checking out, the front desk asked how their stay was. When I checked out, they didn't ask me, maybe because they already knew I wasn't happy with my room and didn't try to make it better, or maybe because they just didn't care.
Thankful I only had to stay one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Downers Grove/Oakbrook Hotel is conveniently located near Chicago IL in the western suburbs and is accessible to all major expressways I-209, I-88 and right in between Midway International Airport and O Hare International Airport on the corner of I-355 and Butterfield Rd. We are surrounded by the communities of Oakbrook, Lombard, Lisle, Darien, Wheaton and Glen Ellyn. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure you will appreciate our central location near Best Buy, Coca-Cola, Sara Lee, Troxler Electronic Laboratories, Home Depot, Sodexo, Dale Carnegie, Microsoft, Good Samaritan Hospital, Tivoli Theater, Darien Sports Complex, Morton Arboretum, Brookfield Zoo and more! Shopping and restaurants are also within a short walking distance. This Downers Grove hotel offers all the comforts of home with our 121 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Relax in your cozy deluxe room after a long day and we will provide you with amenities including complimentary high speed internet access, an in room coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, iron and full sized ironing board and more. We also offer a 24 hour fitness center, 24 hour business center and meeting space for up to 80 people. In the morning we will have your mouth watering at our complimentary Express Hot Smart Start Breakfast Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove Hotel Downers Grove
- Holiday Inn Downers Grove
- Downers Grove Holiday Inn