Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove(Downers Grove)(Great Value!)
$54
Comfort Inn Downers Grove(Downers Grove)(Great Value!)
$60
$161
$149
EmbassySuites.com
$81
All reviewsliving areapocket doorindoor outdoor poolcardio equipmentfold out couchthe bed was extremely comfortablesitting roomnice bathroombusiness tripfitness areabooked roomscoffee makermicrowave and fridgeoff the highwaychicago marriottworkout roomvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I got this hotel at a very good price via Priceline and get a King Suite at that price is truly amazing. The rooms are good and spacious. The location is good and being an Indian I could easily find lot of Indian restaurants around. Didn't try the breakfast as it was paid and so was the internet. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Vincent H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed some of the Indian restaurants in the area. On your next visit, feel free to visit our hotel restaurant. We offer a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning with an available omelet and waffle station, and wonderful lunch and dinner options as well.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is my first time staying at this Marriott property. It is very conveniently located just off Butterfield Rd. and close to shopping (Yorktown Mall) and many food options. There is also a Whole Foods Market a few miles west on Butterfield with a super Target about 2 miles east on Butterfield. It is easy access off I-355 and I-88 and even IL-83.

Check-in was easy and the front desk staff very helpful. The grounds are very well maintained and nicely landscaped. There is a large circle drive with covered parking to the front allowing for easy check-in - especially nice for a winter stay!

The suites are clean and bright with a nice living area that has desk, small microwave and refrigerator as well as coffee maker. The bedroom has french doors that allow closing off the living area from the bedroom and pocket doors closing the bathroom from the bedroom.

The workout area is quite large - even for a hotel this size. There are two rooms - one for cardio equipment and one for weights. Both have plenty of equipment. The pool area is also very nice.

Room service at breakfast was very timely and the staff very friendly. The carafe of coffee stayed warm for much of the morning and the wheat toast was actually warm when delivered and the butter warm enough to actually spread.

All in all a nice, and quiet place, to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back in the near future. At times we have wonderful rates during some of the Winter months, so feel free to visit Marriott.com and search our hotel for more information.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here after a fun filled day in downtown Chicago. Expected the suite to be a little bigger and the french doors between the living area and the bedroom to offer more privacy as my son slept on the pullout sofabed. The french doors are glass with sheer drapes covering them. Breakfast buffet was only served until 10am on a Sunday? We ended up going outside of the hotel to pick-up a quick breakfast. Also no late check-out available; they could only extend us 30 minutes. There was a family reunion going on so it was very noisy and lots of running in the halls because of kids. Also, not sure what time the pool closed but people were in the pool past 10pm. Easy access to highways and many restaurants nearby. Would stay here again though it would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor, away from the pool if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. Thank you also for commenting on the French doors, we will be upgrading our guest rooms at the end of this year and we will most certainly address that. We did have a very active hotel this past weekend and I will look into some of our hours of operation as you noted in your survey. Thank you again for staying with us, as well as for providing these comments.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Where do I start, the hotel was so terrible that I checked out early without even checking for another hotel here is how we were treated as platinum elite customers..

The check-in took almost 30 minutes, and we didn't get the room requested (which is a platinum guarantee..)

The room is old, with stained carpet, the bathroom toilet leaked and found spider webs as well as 2 spiders crawling around so my daughters were always scared

The gym is old, the machine was noisier than my headphones and music and there is a weird smell in the two tiny rooms serving as gym

The indoor / outdoor pool is rarely cleaned so again the bugs and other garbage stays around forever.

Will never stay here ever again.

Room Tip: all rooms are exactly the same
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank EZPASS_2012

I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly as I can see that you had numberous issues during your stay. If you could please call the the hotel directly and ask for John lampa I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for roughly 2 weeks for business. Walking the area around the hotel entrance you get a serene feeling from all the plants & trees. They take you away from the bustling business buildings that surround the property. The main floor gives you a glimpse of what you'll see throughout the hotel, comfortable elegance. The rooms are well kept, clean & the housekeeping staff go out of their way to make your room comfortable for you with every service. Don't miss grabbing a complimentary cup of their ice water flavored with fresh fruit in the lobby. I'd stay here again & recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for your comments about our wonderful hotel. Enjoy, thank you for spending your two weeks with us!