“Fantastic Hotel”

Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and everything was fabulous! The staff was courteous, helpful and gave us a listing of several restaurants in the area if we were looking for a place to dine. The hotel itself was beautiful and our room was meticulously clean, spacious and comfortable. It was centrally located near many fabulous restaurants and shopping centers. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Vincent H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night about a week ago.

When I checked in, they told me they were sold out of King beds for the night and asked if it was okay if they put me in a room with two double beds. Clerk seemed to imply they were saving them for people who were staying longer than one night. No big deal - sure. They gave me a free bottle of water for my "trouble" which was a nice touch, perhaps.

In the lobby, they had a water cooler with citrus flavored water and some places to work with outlets.

I got settled in my room which I thought was okay; good-sized room and average decor. I worked for a while at the desk and the Internet speed was fair to slow.

Once I was tired and ready to call it a day, I looked at the two double beds. One was visibly sunken in the middle, significantly. So I figured I'd sleep in the other bed. I pulled back the comforter/top sheet to discover the fitted sheet was so thread-bare, it was see-through. And I could see black "marks" through the fitted sheet. So I pulled it back to discover a type of mattress pad underneath with a bunch of, for lack of a better word, small black/brown fur stuck to it.

Normally I would have asked for another room at this point, but I was unpacked, completely ready for bed and unsure if they would have anything else. So I took the comforter off the other bed and slept between the two comforters i.e. like a sandwich.

Breakfast was decent, but as per Marriott usual, expensive.

So I'll pass on returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GreatLakez

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasureable experience at our hotel. We certainly will look into the things mentioned and will correct anything that needs to be corrected right away. As always, we appreciate your business and appreciate your feedback. We will work to meet all of your expectations.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Having a number of meetings in the area over a few I decided to book into the Marriott for two nights. The rooms were big, clean and well appointed. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Although we had client dinners in the evenings, the breakfast was very good.

Importantly, the rooms were very, very quiet which is good considering the overall location (which is great) is quite busy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Vincent H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business travel needs. We sincerely appreciate the business and hope to host you again in the future. If there are any future meeting opportunities that we can assist you with, please let us know.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Facility and personnel were very accommodating to our family reunion overall experience was excellent.
Children and adults alike thoroughly enjoyed the property. The restaurant offered a broad menu. The Sunday Brunch was also an excellent experience.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for bringing your family to our hotel for your family reunion. Family reunions are such memorable events and we are excited that we met you and your family's needs. If you would like to return to our hotel for a future family reunion, or for any other reason, give us a call and we would be happy to host you brilliantly.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

we booked 3 rooms & were able to get all 3 together. rooms were 100% soundproof, all have sleeper sofa for 2, luxurious bedding, & 2 flat screen tvs with French doors separating the bedroom. it's so private that you can't hear anyone else, unless you open your door! business rooms have a huge desk, fabulous chair, microwave, & frig with a freezer. regular rooms have the frig without the microwave & a table with chairs for 2. elevators are fast. there's a personal shuttle to nearby area. it has the nicest gym and an indoor hot tub. the heated pool is both indoor & outdoor during summer, with a lovely deck. in winter, they close the gate & outdoor area. there were always plenty of towels. service was excellent. the computer that dispenses room keys was having down times while we were there. they ran to your rooms letting you in & bringing a working key back to your room as soon as it was back online. we were very IMPRESSED! the only bad thing is the price of their breakfast, so we ate in our room or went out to eat. (continental drink, fruit, pastry $12 or a hot breakfast for $16pp). there are tons of eateries due to closeness to Oakbrook mall & York mall. they have both shady open parking & a covered parking garage for those who prefer it. we got a great discount rate & will stay here again. it's located at I-355 and I-88. it's near Brookfield zoo, 20+ minutes to downtown Chicago, 10+ minutes to Schaumburg Mall. Surrounding cities include Lisle, Glenn Ellyn, Oakbrook Terrace, & Downer's Grove. you're in the MIDDLE of a shopper's paradise , if you have a car!

Room Tip: the rooms are so well insulated, you won't hear anything. so all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words on or hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to host you again in the future. We hope you enjoyed your shopping!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this property for 2 nights the past weekend. The location is pretty good (right in the center of the suburbs), with shopping close by. Check-in was smooth; staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast (comped due to my Gold status) was very good (cooked-to-order omelet, among other things).

The room is on the small side (quite crampy). We needed the door to separate our two young children during bedtime, but the door which separates the living area from the bedroom is very thin, not really doing what it's supposed to do.

Overall, a nice hotel! And I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. As a Gold member, your loyalty to our hotels is very important. We appreciate your business and feedback. We will share your feedback for future renovation plans. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I work often in Downers Grove and have stayed at this hotel for 99% of my trips to the area. The staff is wonderful. The hotel is clean and modern. And the location is perfect for excursions in and around the DG area.

My only obstacle from giving the hotel 5 stars is the food. The bar and lounge are great and the bartenders are friendly, and surprisingly good at remembering regular guests. The food is mostly good - good enough to tide you over on nights when going to another restaurant isn't practical. But its pricey, sometimes headscratchingly so. And as a result expectations might be overly elevated.

Again, I can't say enough about the staff. Friendly, patient, and the epitome of great customer service. I would never think of staying anywhere else in DG.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you staying with us for your trips to our area! We appreciate the repeat business. We will share your feedback with our management team. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
#3 of 7 in Downers Grove
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove? Share your experiences!