“Clean & Friendly My new go-to place just outside Chicago”

Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean & Friendly My new go-to place just outside Chicago”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place may become my new home away from home when I need a place to stay around Chicago. The rooms are HUGE, up-to-date, and most importantly clean. The fitness facilities are clean and in good working condition, they even have a decent weight selection. Plenty of treadmills and ellipticals to choose from. And they have an pool that is both indoors and outdoors (although the outdoor portion was closed for the season). Location is good as well with countless restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our outdoor pool is now open and the water feels great! Chef Tovar is introducing his new menu next week. Hope to see you again.

Enjoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I read the reviews prior to mine and they seem to be written by men or couples... Marriott is known for their right wing politics in that their support non inclusive/ republican or super religous organizations so I generally do not put money in their pocket if i can avoid it. However, my nephew was playing hockey in town and this was the hotel his team choose. BAD CHOICE the team rate was $114 for NO free breakfast, NO fee wifi, nothing extra. In addition to that bad choices though I paid $8 a piece for microbrews at the bar the night before... I sat at the bar on Friday and watch for 10 minutes as the 2 bartendars served all the men in the room... while walking by me 3-4 times in front of my face (looking back at them) and serving all the men in the bar... so I just walked away. If you like Good Beer there is a Rock house Tap room not a mile away which has good micro brews and good food including a children's menu.

THE ROOM.. BED is actually comfortable if you brought you own pillow.. I forgot mine so I went out and bought one after the first night's neck ache.. their pillows either no support cotten pile or too stiff cotton stuffed in it.

Room Tip: Look around there are a lot of hotels in this area.. next time I'll try another and let you know...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love this hotel! We stay here twice a year for NASCAR which is held in a suburb about 30 minutes away. Everyone always asks why we don't stay at a hotel that is closer, but we will never change. We love the hotel and all the staff. This will be our 7th year and we love the fact that the staff has such low over turn. We know many of them by name and they no our names also. It is so nice and we feel like we are at our "home away from home". Food and drinks in the lounge are wonderful. Frank the bartender is always mixing up some tasty new concoctions and the chef is great! The prices to stay is always very reasonable and we have never had any issues about anything. Rooms are good size and always very clean. I cannot wait to go back in July and again in September!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cubfan4366
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We look forward to seeing you this year! Frank will create something special for you!

Enjoy, see you soon.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I got a great deal on Priceline for starters, but it was for a king suite. Since I was traveling with a friend for a girl's weekend in Chicago, two beds were our preference. I called a couple days before we were to arrive and asked about getting two doubles instead. The clerk said that would be no problem. When we arrived, it happened that the same clerk (Lucy) was working and said that they were unable give us two beds, and so instead would be giving us each our own room (adjoining) for our original price. I was truly amazed to have such a considerate thoughtful gesture and outstanding level of customer service.

The rooms were great, as others have said, with bedrooms separated from the sitting area with french doors, two flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge. The bedding was soft, the beds so comfy, the rooms very clean. Of course there was a little bit of minor wear and tear in the rooms - it would be unrealistic to expect there not to be. The hotel is close to restaurants, shopping and the expressway. It's half an hour to downtown and centrally located to other 'burbs.

I've stayed at the Hyatt just down the road before and it is perfectly fine, but given the choice, will now pick this Marriott every time!

Our stay was

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Enjoy
stanwood,iowa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Can't really beat the priceline deals and as long as you choose the right star rating in the right location..... you realy get the deal! This Marriott was wonderful!! I really like the great space and conformation of the room. nice living area, nice bathroom and very clean!! The bed was super super comfy and clean and loved the down comforter and pillows. The shampoo/conditioner/soaps/ hand lotion awesome as well. Hotel staff was very nice too, Just remember that this is a suite hotel so most rooms are going to be one king size bed. I also thought the free shuttle to Yorktown mall was awesome! it is really close and very conveniently located. . and it is almost acrross from Fry's. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Always request a room on the highest floor so noise won't be too much of a problem. but also a m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments.

We hope to see you again soon!
Chagrin Falls
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very easy to find and has plenty of free parking. It also has a bar and restaurant. The suites are spacious and comfortable. Separate bedroom with french doors that separate it from the living area. Bathroom is large. Microwave, fridge, and wet bar in the living room area. 2 nice sized flat screen tvs. Free wi-fi only available in the lobby area. Otherwise you will have to pay for it. All the employees we came in contact with were pleasant, friendly, and honest. I left my iPad at the front desk when I checked in. I was promptly located and it was returned to me. Thanks Vladimir! Great rate at $74/night. There is no free breakfast provided, but breakfast is served in the restaurant. A few stains were noticed on the carpet and drapes in the room, but other than that the hotel was very clean. Room smelled very nice upon entering. I would definitely stay there again my next time I'm in Downers Grove.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 6Hotellover9
CHICAGO
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I used priceline to book a hotel so I was given this hotel randomly. I had stayed here once before years ago. I got a nice suite for only $45! The hotel is very clean, maybe too clean since my room smelled so strongly of cleaning products. I like having a suite with a separate bedroom and living room. There were two big flat screen tvs, a microwave, fridge, and coffee pot, etc. I think my favorite part of the room was the shower. I took the greatest shower there! My least favorite part was the bed. It's a nice big bed but it was just way too soft. I have problems with my neck, and I need a stiffer bed. This bed I just sank right in to. It was very quiet, which I liked, except every time the heat fan was on, it did make an annoying noise. I just used my ear plugs though. I really liked there fitness center, and I liked that they have free Wi-Fi in their lobby and restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all, it was a nice place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am so sorry that the heat fan made noise in your room. We have gone through all of the units in the rooms and believe that we have corrected the issue. Our beds have pillow top covers and we can always remove them ahead of time for you so the mattress will be a bit firmer for you. thanks for staying with us
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Comfort Inn Downers Grove
Comfort Inn Downers Grove
#4 of 7 in Downers Grove

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove? Share your experiences!