“Fresh Donuts! Tons of Delicious Food!”
Review of Juicy O's

Juicy O's
Ranked #26 of 178 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 18, 2014

You know your brunch will be great when it starts out with a bowl of fresh, house made donuts. My wife ordered a "slice" of quiche that came with a HUGE plate of fruit and a massive slice. I had a skillet that could have fed an army. My 3-year old had Mickey Mouse pancakes and gobbled them up. The food was hot, tasty, and plentiful. The staff was very nice and accommodating from our server to the manager. Bring an appetite and leave with left-overs. Great place to go for brunch!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Good food from a large menu with huge portions. We have now decided to order one less meal than the number of people in our party and share the meals to get a chance to finish all the food. It does not help that they serve you free little fresh-made donuts that are awesome! Service can be variable and take a while to get to you and get your food out, but overall very fun to sit an read the wall hangings with little jokes, etc.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Breakfast & donuts are Outstanding, when you do finally get served... However the waiting is 30-45 mins standing in the lobby, worst is when there are tables available upstairs that I can see not being used!! The wait could be longer than 45 mins. If you come, come in NOT Hungry or you will be upset like I was last time. I wont go back, this is just nonsense as much as I like the food there. I will recommend not to go there due to frustration standing and waiting. Large parties are favored to be seated, as it seems, and small couple like us, seem we must wait. and wait and wait and wait some more...

2  Thank GinoM68
Reviewed August 14, 2013

nice complimentary donuts, good breakfast but service was horrible. we wait more than 20 minutes to have our coffee and the server ignored us to refill them (we had to call here twice to have a refill !). never more !

5  Thank froggy73
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to this restaurant less than a year ago and I was ecstatically enthusiastic about my experience. So impressed with it all! The fresh complimentary donuts and the extensive country-style home cooking menu items made it a real winner. I also was happy to add a new restaurant to my Downers’ Drove picks for dining. I mentioned this to several friends and my husband (he loves a great breakfast.) A couple of weeks ago, my husband went and I was somewhat surprised that he didn’t have the same reaction. It was more cramped and chaotic than he expected, but, given my high endorsement, he’d return and give it another chance. As it turns out my first experience was the exception, not the norm. My husband went today with a client. What a nightmare! He was there at 10:15am and didn’t get out of there until after Noon. Service was horrific! And worse than the wait staff is the cook. My husband received over-cooked, cracked eggs “over-easy.” He normally never sends his food back, but did here, and it just got worse and worse. They were clueless and do not deserve to remain in this business. Too bad, they had great potential and a great concept. Maybe at another location, but this one’s management is VERY POOR!!!

2  Thank planeforkandknife