“We used to be regulars” 2 of 5 bubbles

Juicy O's
Ranked #28 of 165 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longmont, Colorado
“We used to be regulars”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Today we walked in and were quickly seated. The server came by quickly for our drink order but then brought our iced teas in plastic cups with no lemon. Other diners had glass. No water was offered. Then, 15 minutes later she says as she walks by the table; "I'll be back soon to take your order." In the past year the service has slowly gone downhill and the food has become less enjoyable. We walked out and had lunch elsewhere. This is likely our last visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Colby J

“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Found this when searching for a place to have a late breakfast. Great value, got a bowl if warm doughnuts as soon as we sat down (yummy). Food was good, sausage is spicy just so you know but overall everything came exactly as we had ordered. I would recommend if you are in the area. They also serve lunch but appeared breakfast was the
most popular.

• Visited July 2013
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Don't try to be there at Opening time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

They mean well. My waitresses (3 visits) have been cheery and attentive, portions are generous, but I think that's Juicy-o's thing, so you ought to expect it. It was a clean place, and that's important.

1st visit, I was a bit surprised, seemed a tad expensive, I mean 6.00 for a plain waffle ? really ?

2nd visit the hamburger was full of hard bits, like cartilage or bone bits. OK, hamburger will have that once in a while and it's not really the restaurant's fault how the meat processor does it's job, BUT it can be characteristic of buying the cheapest supply available and not being concerned with quality. In this case I couldn't finish the burger -- I must have bitten down on something hard every 3-4 bites. They graciously volunteered to take it off the bill.

3rd visit, 6/18/2013: they open @ 6, I happened to get there @ 5:50 A.M. -- by 6:05 (watch set by radio time) there weren't even any lights on, how could they possibly be ready for customers any time soon ? I went to Dunkin Donuts. When I left @ 6:50 the lights were on and there were 2 cars... might they do more business if they opened reliably on time ?

Odds are high that next time I want breakfast I'll go to Dennys, Dunkin' Donuts, Grandma Sally's, heck--- even the cafeteria at the hospital.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Awesome Doughnuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great selection of breakfast, which is my favorite meal anytime of the day. I have had the skillet pancakes and of course their fresh doughnuts. Good stuff!

Visited April 2013
Baldwin, New York
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a sparklingly-clean, modestly-priced restaurant, great for breakfast or brunch. It offers a varied kids’ menu, is "kid-friendly," and the staff was welcoming, attentive, and accomodating. The food is attractive in appearance, exellent in portion size, and taste. The complimentary miniature donuts enhance its kids' appeal. There is seemingly no end to the variety of pancake-based variations avaliable, ditto as to eggs.
In an effort to try something off the "beaten" path, I had the fried fillet sandwich and a bowl of soup. The sandwich was unusually large, and was served with home-made chips. The soup,
split-pea, was perfect. Coffee was fresh and plentiful. The kids were delighted with their pancake fare. The homespun wisdom which decorates every wall contained several amusing truisms. If you enjoy simple, non-pretentious, well-prepared all-American fare, you'll not go wrong dining here.

• Visited April 2013