“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highland Avenue
Description: Parkers' Restaurant & Bar is a chef-driven, full service, contemporary American restaurant and bar serving lunch, dinner, and private functions. The restaurant features fresh fish and seafood along with high quality meat and pasta preparations. The restaurant is housed in a transformed New England-style building on Highland Avenue at 31st, just north of I88 in Downers Grove, a western suburb of Chicago. The ambiance is casual-upscale with a mosaic tiled, open kitchen adjacent to a 150 seat dining room featuring a polished hardwood decor. The cozy, 50 seat bar and cocktail lounge area features a dramatic, wood vaulted ceiling and live piano entertainment, in the evening.
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Great attentive service, delicious food (We had the bouillabaisse and the duck leg) and a beautiful dining room. Really enjoyed our meal.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (254)

Reviewed August 3, 2019

We were back in Chicago for a visit, and a Hindsdale couple we've known there for a very long time, recommended Parker's Grill for some good food. They are regulars there, and even made the reservations for us.
Unfortunately the whole experience here was just awful.
Felt like we were being profiled from the minute we valeted our car, a rented toyota.
Perhaps pulling up in a Bentley or Jag might have got the evening off to a better start.
We were seated alright, but in Siberia for sure. they gave us the one table between the kitchen and the toilet. Classy!
Service was completely non-existent for us.
They brought the menus, they brought the food and they brought the check.
Not once during the entire meal did anyone ask how's your food? Can I refill your glass? Would you like another drink?
I remember actually turning in my chair to try to make eye contact with any passing waiter and they all refused.
WE COULD NOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THERE.
this place reminded me of the old Gene & Georgettis on the near north side.
If you were a regular, life was good...... but if you were a fist timer.....BANISHED UPSTAIRS!
very disappointed we spent all the money we did here , for ultimately so little.
Don't bother, there's so many great places to eat around there.
Just head east a little down 31st and stop in at Pappadeaux Seafood.
they treat everybody the same over there.

3  Thank Peter586
ParkersRestaurant, General Manager at Parkers' Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Hi, Peter. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you describe. This is absolutely not how we want our guests to be treated or feel when they dine with us, and I am so disappointed to learn that we fell short on your visit. Please know that we don’t take this feedback lightly, and I am discussing your review with my whole team. I would also like to speak with you directly. When it’s convenient for you, can you please reach out to me at tsandow@parkersamerican.com with your name, phone number and the best day/time to reach you? I will give you a call. Thank you.

Tim Sandow

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Headed here for lunch. The place was busy, but worth the wait, which was not too long. The food was outstanding. Appetizers were phenomenal. Definitely will go again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Always great food and service. A little pricy but worth it. Parker’s has been here for many years. And the piano in the bar area is always a nice surprise.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

We have frequented this restaurant over the years and thought it was one of the best in the Western suburbs. Some miscues that are not acceptable for this restaurant. First 2 of us ordered soup and the other two appetizers. The soup was served way before the appetizers. Bad timing. The soups should have been held. Then 1 salad was to be split by two people. Came not split and with the main course. My salmon dish, although served with what was described as a Mediterranean side was disappointing on dried out salmon. PEI mussels for appetizer were very good. Oysters Rockefeller always good. Wine selections varied so there was something for whatever your tastes and price ranges. Will go back and hope that the miscues were signs of an off night not a downward trend.

2  Thank MarybethK428