“Outstanding Indian lunch buffet”
Review of Sher-E-Punjab

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sher-E-Punjab
Ranked #45 of 171 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I try to get here every few weeks for my Indian meal fix. Since my wife introduced me to good Indian food three decades ago, the exotic spices have continued to grow on me. Now, I make my own, but it's never as good a a good Indian restaurant.

Great bread. I usually get and order of Tandoori Roti (healthier whole wheat), and then an order of Naan (fresh and puffy).

Juicy Tandoori Chicken. This is a standard offering with the lunch buffet. Always fresh and juicy.

Good standard selection on the buffet. Vegetarian, chicken and lamb in sauces, soup, condiments and desserts. You have to choose your favorites. Mine are Saag Paneer (spinach in cheese) and Samosas (peas in pastry shell).

I've never seen it crowded. Sher-e-Pujab sits in a strip mall, and the decor is dated, but I don't care. I come for the food!

2  Thank Bruce M
There are newer reviews for Sher-E-Punjab

Reviewed June 3, 2011

No spice at an Indian restaurant. What were you thinking?

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We ave tried many Other Indian restaurants including the Viceroy iN Lombard. This is by far the best. The quality is always consistent and the food is temperature hot. If you do not like spicy, do not eat Indian food! They will vary the spice level if you ask. The Frontier chicken is amazing as well as the staple Butter chicken. The Nan is hot, light, and fresh. We like the take out and always call ahead as everything is made fresh. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 8, 2008

I went along with my friends to have lunch, They provided very good service . Yummy Chicken and hot naans and Samosas. Lot of varieties in curries and daals. Rice/ Pulav was not upto the mark. The desserts were really delicious. The food is worth of the amount they charge. They maintained hotel neatly and serving is really fast. I would suggest any Indian Food Lover to visit this restaurant.

Jatin Vasa

Reviewed May 30, 2007

Five of us went there for our lunch on Monday, May 28th. Four of us ate their lunch buffet while my sister-in-law ordered a no-spice version of their chicken curry from the menu because she cannot eat spicy food at all. Despite the request, the restaurant prepared the entree with too much spices and my sister-in-law couldn't eat it at all. We asked the restaurant to prepare it again but were told that that was the least spicy food they had. My sister-in-law finally didn't eat anything there. We asked the restaurant to take back the entree and remove the charges from our bill. The owner (Vijay Gupta) refused to remove it from our bill and we were given no choices but to pay the full bill.

Be careful while eating at the restaurant. Buffet may still be ok but there are many better choices around.