“OK pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Many people rave about this place but I found their pizza just OK with sub-par sausage. This place could be much better if they would invest in quality ingredients.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I love Dan’s thin crust pizza. There are probably more than a dozen places to get pizza in Downers Grove, and I have tried most of them, but for thin curst Dan’s is my favorite. My favorite is sausage, onion, and green pepper. I have also had Dan’s BBQ Special. It is a very tasty variation from a traditional pizza. It is a little pricy, but well worth it.

1  Thank jgracey60
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

There are only a few almost literal, Hole-in-the-wall places left on this planet that deserve our attention. Dane's pizza is definitely one of them.

A vintage PAC-MAN arcade sits to the right of the order window. Time wasters rule! If you stop in without calling ahead, you will have entertainment.

I would recommend calling ahead, to pick up your order (or delivery for the less-adventurous) as there are very few places to sit in the "dining room" which consists of one booth, two chairs and the lovely PAC-MAN arcade. This to me is not a negative thing, you can peer back from the window and watch your food being made. Not as up close and personal as subway but they are hiding nothing from you. For me this is a plus.

Now for the food. Easy-peasy no one will be more upfront about your options with food than here at dans. Feel free to ask about anything ask for something special, altered, changes or substitutions, even advice. No-problem. The staff is very willing to help and make sure you get what you want. (Yes I'm one of those guys :-P)

The highlight for me is the double decker pizza. So good I am a heavy water and I can usually manage two slices only of this pizza. Very notable is doneness, the pizza is always done perfectly for me. I usually ask for well-done bake when i frequent other restaurants. Usually other places get the doneness wrong, not dans it is usually perfect, baked but not over done, it is on the cusp of well done but is not there. This is not only the double decker pizza, the regular pizza as well. Absolutely perfect.

Thin crust that is wonderfully crunchy bit still has something you can sink your teeth into. Not greasy crust, dry to the touch but still moist in all the right places.

As long as you are not expecting to have a pizza party, or a group sir down meal. Dans pizza is top notch, check it out!

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Whatever you order at a regular pizza place, order twice as much at dans. The cracker crust pizza is very tasty, but it will not feed a crowd.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you want great Pizza, I recommend Dan's here. great flavor, taste. I had the thin crust
and it was amazing...