“Excellent!”

Cross street: Main Street
downers
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had lunch at Scarletti's Italian Kitchen, with my family. My father was from Bari, I grew up on Italian food. They say " NO PLACE LIKE HOME " I say No place like Scarletti's when it comes to Italian food!! It is Excellent!

• Visited October 2012

Rockton, Illinois
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Downtown Downers Grove last night looking for a quick bite to eat. Found this nice little Italien place that had been open only a few months. We split the special for that evening which was Shitake Linguine with shrimp, aparagus and cherry tomatoes. The kitchen plated the meal in advance so we wouldn't have to make the split and get linguine all over the place. It was lightly sauced in olive oil and butter and could not have been a nicer surprise. The Caesar Salad was crisp and made with fresh parmesan. Beautiful to look at and eat. My wife also enjoyed the house wine. In addition, our waiter was courteous, pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. All of this for a fair price. We will be returning soon as we had no idea this place existed before last night.

• Visited October 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Great food but atmosphere a bit lacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Scarletti's before a movie at the Tiviloi. It was a beautiful night and we decided to eat outside. Unfortunately the noise from traffic and the trains spoiled what would have been a great meal (We knew that we were heading into an iffy situation but decided to anyway). My wife had the rotolo (pasta wrapped into a roll around vegtables) with a snappy red pepper sauce. We both started with salads that were very good (caesar and italian). I had the whitefish with roasted potatoes in a garlic butter sauce. The whitefish was cooked perfectly but there was too much of the sauce....it tended to make the roasted potatoes soft. A little less sauce would be better. All in all it was a good meal but a bit pricey. The bad was the noise but we did bring that on ourselves. We enjoyed the meal.

• Visited September 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Nice place -- super comfortable feeling when you walk in. The food is great -- I like the 'make your own pasta' -- we pick our pasta shape, a sauce and then customize it with things like artichoke hearts, shrimp, meatballs, etc. Service is good and everyone is super friendly. They have a pasta special on Tuesday nights where you can get any of their pasta dishes for $10. Its a great deal! This is one of my favorite restaurants.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Patti B
“Our neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm a little baffled by the poor reviews. We love this place! I think the service is good and the food excellent. My kids enjoy drawing on the paper-covered tables, and we enjoy sitting by the windows and watching the commuters walk home from the train. Don't pass this place up -- give it a try!