“Very good experience”

Chama Gaucha Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 166 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Butterfield
Description: Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil... Featuring 12 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went to Chama Gaucha for my 60th birthday celebration with my wife and another couple. Lots of positives. First of all the service was great and perfectly balanced--the servers were attentive without being overbearing--we felt like we were paid attention to the whole time and our needs were anticipated, but we did not have someone swooping in to refill a glass every time we took a sip of water and we never felt rushed.

The quality of the meats was excellent as well, and, as always for this type of establishment, served in endless quantities. They have a good wine list, with many choices both by the bottle and glass. Oddly, they were rather pushy trying to get me to order the wines on special, even after I had made another selection. But, best of all, they served the red wine at the proper temperature, which is something that many restaurants--even top ones that should know better--fail to do.

They have a large salad bar, with a lot of choices, although overall I found it somewhat unimaginative.

I have one small "constructive criticism": I would have liked a little more variety in the types of meats presented. Went I went to another Brazilian steakhouse in Chicago, in addition to the meats, they served some shrimp, salmon, and chicken from the skewers as well. At Chama Gaucha, they had small chicken legs and a spicy sausage along with the beef and lamb. The extras probably aren't "authentic" churascarria, but they made for a nice variety.

But overall we had a great restaurant experience at Chama Gaucha and it was a great choice for my birthday dinner.

• Visited October 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Real good authentic brazilian churrasco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Few places outside of Brazil can provide all the aspects of an authentic churrascaria. This place gets very close. The servers are nice and treat you with full attention, the meat is great and price is reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Amazing, Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just got back from a trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil, where I went to an authentic churascarria. Let me tell you, aside from the Portuguese, this place is every bit an original - probably better. If you love meat, and want an authentic Brazilian Steakhouse experience, there simply is no better place than Chama Gaucha. This is my #1 place to eat in the suburbs.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Mississippi
“Amazing Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We were graciously received and waited on during our meal and served delicious, hot, quality cuts of steak, lamb, chicken and pork. The salad bar was amazing, with fresh greens, fresh cheese, cold cuts of salmon, Italian cold cuts, fresh vegetables and prepared salads. There was endless amounts of meats offered throughout the meal. We did not go away hungry! My son and I were celebrating our birthday and the staff went out of their way to make sure the occasion was special for us. Wonderful experience!

• Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome service and Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food and atmosphere where great! But, I think the service has to be the one of the best I have ever had! You could see how hard they try to give great service without interupting the conversation. Be prepared to be rolled out in a wheel barrow as you will be so stuffed. I would absolutely go again.

• Visited July 2013