“Brazilla Time - The Charm of Gaucho!”

Chama Gaucha Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Butterfield
Description: Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil... Featuring 12 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family & friends went out for a Brazilian treat.We had 9 people in our group. The place was easy to find right off the expressway. We went on the Mothers Day weekend and it was very crowded. I'm glad we made reservations because it would have been a long wait.

Atmosphere:
Country Rancho Grandioso style with an old world spanish feel typical of Brazil.

Meat skewers brought around to your table when your card was flipped over to the green side. The Salad Bar that had most everything you could think of to eat.

The Hostes was very accomdating and bought out chees puffs while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive. The wait & service staff seemed to in rush mode but they were accomodating and the experience was good. It might be better at a different time and not a holiday.

Bottom line: This is a good place to eat and the service if OK. We will go back again on a non-holiday to see what they do. We were certainly full when we left. No Take home food in this place. Overall I would recommend

1  Thank IchyRichy

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Can't say enough about this place. We went with some friends and had a great time time. It was 5 adults and four teenagers. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The food, the service, the drinks were all excellent. Talking about being pampered, the staff knows how to keep you happy. kept bringing out the food and the drinks, what more can you ask for. If you are a meeat lover this is for you, though they do have a great salad bar, well that's what my wife tells me. So if you are looking for a place to eat and drink and be merry this is for. Just remember it is a little pricey.

1  Thank mcisneros0117
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I are Brazilian Steak House fans. But Chama Gaucha is a hidden gem in Downers Grove. If you're looking for a great service, great meat selections and did I say service...Chama Gaucha is the place to be!!!!

1  Thank whitedove777
Reviewed April 26, 2013

pricey but well worth it, great food selections and great staff. My cardiologists nightmare but hey, you only live once.

1  Thank u3c2494
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for lunch after reading great reviews (btw. the lunch is now 26.50, but still good price for the service and excellent food) and even with high expectations Chama Gaucha succeeded and won our hearts. I've been to Brasil Steakhouse before (not in Brasil, though), so I know the drill. The salad bar is fine for start, some good options there, but the meat is the real deal. House specialty sirloin is wonderful as is the Ribeye steak. I'm not a big fan of chicken and pork meals, they weren't so tasty for me, but I was really amazed by the lamb dishes! And filet mignon... wow! I would like to see some fishes or srimps on the menu, but I like steaks, so I was fine. The location is good, the interior is ok and the staff is awesome. They are fast, helpful and doing everything they can to make your time the best time of your life. Must-see service.

1  Thank Kamil A