“Precious Meat Cuts”

Chama Gaucha Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Butterfield
Description: Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil... Featuring 12 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I are Brazilian Steak House fans. But Chama Gaucha is a hidden gem in Downers Grove. If you're looking for a great service, great meat selections and did I say service...Chama Gaucha is the place to be!!!!

1  Thank whitedove777

Reviewed April 26, 2013

pricey but well worth it, great food selections and great staff. My cardiologists nightmare but hey, you only live once.

1  Thank u3c2494
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for lunch after reading great reviews (btw. the lunch is now 26.50, but still good price for the service and excellent food) and even with high expectations Chama Gaucha succeeded and won our hearts. I've been to Brasil Steakhouse before (not in Brasil, though), so I know the drill. The salad bar is fine for start, some good options there, but the meat is the real deal. House specialty sirloin is wonderful as is the Ribeye steak. I'm not a big fan of chicken and pork meals, they weren't so tasty for me, but I was really amazed by the lamb dishes! And filet mignon... wow! I would like to see some fishes or srimps on the menu, but I like steaks, so I was fine. The location is good, the interior is ok and the staff is awesome. They are fast, helpful and doing everything they can to make your time the best time of your life. Must-see service.

1  Thank Kamil A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch today and were blown away by the service. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, the entire staff and several managers made our experience outstanding. For example, they held both of our chairs for us as we sat down, gave us incredible attention throughout the meal, and even helped my wife with her coat as we got up to leave! You're served and helped by the entire staff, not just your particular server. Everyone smiles, helps, offers, and assists but though the attention was constant, it somehow didn't seem intrusive in any way. Now to the food: The salad bar is well stocked and delicious, and the meat servers bring numerous different choices of cooked meats on skewers to the table whenever you turn your "feed me" card to the "green" side, and then they leave you alone when you turn it to the "I'm taking a breather" red side. Try the bacon-wrapped chicken and the sirloin - super good! You'll love this restaurant. Oh, one warning - it isn't cheap. You pay $40 for all the salad and meat you can eat but alcohol, dessert, and coffee is extra. We paid $135 today (not including tip) for the meal, and 2 of (1 each) alcoholic drinks, desserts, and coffees.

1  Thank PowerLounger
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I first went to this restaurant for our anniversary. We had never been to a Brazilian steak house but had not heard anything but things about them. The salad bar is phenomenal and the fact that it is an 'all you can eat' is a big plus. Then, the main course started. We have never had tastier steak anywhere! There are several different varieties of steak, plus other meats, such as lamb, and, again, it's an 'all you can eat' experience. The wait staff is extremely attentive and friendly and the food is delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.