“Amazing everything !!!!!”

Chama Gaucha Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Butterfield
Description: Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil... Featuring 12 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I read great reviews from others and wondered if a steakhouse could truly be that amazing. From the moment I pulled up to valet I was treated like a princess. The hostess was very sweet and very respectful. She took our coats and we were escorted to our table. My husband and I took our two college boys. The salad bar is huge but dont fill up on it or you won't have room for the delicious cheese rolls or the extremely massive selection of delicious meats. The plantains were great as well as the mashed potatoes and polenta. Make sure you try the cappuccino and desserts. We had a chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream that melts in your mouth. We also tried the papaya dessert that was smooth and very tasty. Everything was amazing!!! Best Brazilian steakhouse I've eaten at and I've eaten at fine restaurants all over the world. Give it a try, I promise you will thank me. Happy eating.

1  Thank Mutton1023
There are newer reviews for Chama Gaucha Steakhouse

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Chama Gaucha never disappoints and Valentine's Day was no exception. The meat, salad bar and service were as good as always.

Minor complaint was we were in the back room and it felt like our table had a spotlight on it. I prefer the. Ain dining room.

One of these days, I am going to save room for dessert but so far I haven't had enough self control to leave room for it.

1  Thank TravelHappy1012
Reviewed February 7, 2012

From the Brazilian bartender, to the obsessive attention to service, to the exceptional food quality, this was a great experience all-the-way-around. It is such a simple idea in it's salad + meat simplicity, and yet they are still able to provide a variety of exceptional high-quality food selections. I can't wait to have another occasion to visit and will most certainly be back. A truly exceptional dining experience.

1  Thank Not-a-food-guru
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been to other brazillian steakhouses in the past, but this is by far the best. The salad bar alone would be an awesome meal, and the meat is all fantastic and perfectly done. If you are waiting for a special item just tell them and they will cook it up to your specificaations and bring it out. The caipahrinas are awesome too!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Because Churrasco is not barbecue! Never compare these two.

I am Brazilian and I have to tell that it is a really good place.
There is nothing else I can tell. If you like meat - MUST GO place.
if you are verggie - stay away.

1  Thank Guga2010