“Wasn't sure what to expect but it was a great experience”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #3 of 178 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the first time I have been to a Portillo's and it was an experience. Very busy, lots going on but the staff was excellent, friendly, and helpful. One staff member even said I was handsome which made me feel good. The dogs are first rate, if you in the Chicagoland area it's worth the trip!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

One thing I like about Portillos is the fact that whatever location of theirs you are at the food and service is top notch. A little pricy but always good. I have been a t the Downers Grove location during their lunch rush and the always move people through quickly. One of my favorite sandwiches is their Beef & Cheddar Croissant with sweet peppers. A good meal every time. Crinkle cut fries and onion rings are also very good.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband simply can not go to the Chicago area without stopping at Portillos. You may see a huge line and think its not worth it oh....it is and the line will move quickly.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Long lines is the norm either inside or thru the drive thru. Outside they have a pretty good system however do not expect the line to move quickly; more than once I have been asked to park my car and wait even longer and I have not ever been able to figure out why because I do not order anything that is not a regular menu item or that requires special handling. Most of the time the runners of the food just drop and run and never say thank you. Hope they don't get too big for their britches and forget what has made them successful

Reviewed December 12, 2013

For being somewhat of a fast food restaurant, Portillo's is consistently on the mark. I went through the drive-thru and as usual, it was a little crowded. There were about 12 cars ahead of me, but somehow I waited about 7 minutes for my order to be handed to me. I have to admit that was pretty fast, considering that I noticed that people in front of me were receiving multiple bags of food.

On another visit I ate inside and the place was clean, people were polite and friendly, and the line went incredibly quick. I do think it can be a little expensive, but the food is great.

Portillo's will always be one of my favorite places and this location is included.