“Fun for groups or large family gathering” 4 of 5 bubbles

Another Round Bar & Grill
Ranked #51 of 165 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Fun for groups or large family gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Another round had great bar food, pizza & beer. There is no shortage of sporting events on the TV. I had my son's 18th birthday here with all of his friends. The servers were very accomodating and the food was great!

Visited July 2012

Darien
“Good local bar - Server Melissa is the BEST!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Love this local bar! Pot Roast nachos are a must try! They have good drink specials. All the servers are good, however, we LOVE MELISSA! We select this bar because of the service, food is good, not great, but as good atmosphere!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Great Sports Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Lots of different beers to choose from that were reasonably priced. I've only had pizza there, but that is excellent!

Visited March 2012
Midwest
“Hunger Satisfied Satisfactorily”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Another Round Bar and Grill is located in downtown Downers Grove, almost across the street from the historic Downers Grove Cemetery. At first it looks like the typical sports bar with large type broadsides advertising the latest deal for beer. It certainly is a sports bar, but it seems to focus on the local sport going on at that time. Hence when we walked in December 22, almost everything was Chicago Blackhawks. Jerseys were hanging from the rafters and other memorabilia. There was a lone Chicago Cubs neon sign, but little else to distract the truly faithful. At one large table ten fans were wearing their Hawks jerseys. The Hawks went on to win later in the evening. TV screens galore. I don’t think it is possible to sit anyplace in the bar and not have a clear view of at least one screen. Sound is good too. Now to the food. My wife and I both ordered a burger. Doesn’t sound too special, but what came was really great. First, the food was served fast and hot. I ordered the Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burger with a half pound of Black Angus ground beef with very good fries. My wife ordered the Diablo Burger, also with a half pound of Black Angus ground beef, with bleu cheese crumbles melted, jalapenos, medium wing sauce, and the great fries. Mine was $9.29, hers was $7.89. I had a 22 ounce Guinness draft, not enough “o’s” in smooth to describe it. She had a draft Bass Ale. Service was good, but we did have to get up and go to the kitchen to find the food server for some mustard. Tables are comfortable. In the summer the front of the bar opens up like a Parisian bistro so you get the feeling of sitting outside. Look forward to “another round” at Another Round Bar and Grill.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“I'd like to tell you how good it was, but we left....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I always like to support the restaurants here in my hometown, but we (my wife) left before ordering so we have nothing to rate. Nothing that is except the noise level. We went in shortly after the restaurant opened (this is written in 2011, not the visit) having invited friends to meet us there. It was before 6 PM on a weekday, and there was not a great number of people present yet. However, the ambient sound level in the place forced us to literally SHOUT in each other's ears to be heard. I can't imagine what it would be like when the place is more crowded. Too many of the current designers of restaurants sell the owners on the open concept... bare, high, hard ceilings, tile floors, and hardfaced walls. Result is noise. Conversation was impossible, and we left after 10 minutes. Can't rate the food or anything else, but we were greatly disappointed.

• Visited October 2011