“Ahh soooo fresh! And tasty too.”
Review of Borrowed Earth Cafe - CLOSED

Borrowed Earth Cafe
Aurora, Illinois
“Ahh soooo fresh! And tasty too.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been wanting to go to Borrowed Earth Cafe for a while. It's a very cute and relaxing raw vegan restaurant. After a very hectic day I was able to completely unwind there, such a great atmosphere. The food was fantastic, and nice portions. The service was fast, the waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable about the dishes. The live music was soothing and perfect for the evening. I ate everything on my plate, and I was on a date.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food, reasonable prices, wonderful service - Win, Win, Win!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I were so delighted to find this rare gem years ago that we have budgeted regular visits into our lifestyle because of what we learn during each amazing encounter with these two remarkable, unique, and hilarious raw pioneers. They're both usually there and they both have typically, and lovingly, created whatever is being served so we get a real "hands on" encounter with the maker of our fare. We like this. Our questions are just about always over-answered and we've decided to bring a legal pad with us so we can try to retain a small percentage of their responses. It's like drinking from a fire hose. Plus their food is out of their world! The complex textures and tastes are impossible to analyze but they come together in such orgasmic splendor that we have become hopelessly hooked. We're addicts.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago suburb
“Most expensive salad ever!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

$18 for a salad - greens (Swiss chard), a few slices of tomato and shredded coconut. Great dressing! Even w high quality ingredients it was far too expensive.

4 Thank pkcarroll99
Westmont, Illinois
“Awesome Pecan Turtle Cake!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stopped by this place today with my two year old daughter. We loved this place so much! We had hot hibiscus tea and were served a great Pecan Turtle Cake. My daughter and I were very pleased and we will be back to try Gimme a Gyro.

• Visited October 2012
PedEye1
“A great Raw Vegan option”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

There aren't many comparable restaurant options in suburbia, or even in the entire metropolitan area, truthfully. Nuts are used liberally as faux dairy and meats. I've never had a bad meal or even dish at Borrowed Earth. But you kind of have to be in the mood for a raw vegan meal. The owners are genuine, and I really want this place to do well, even though I will only dine here myself occasionally.

Visited May 2012