“Great stop along the Interstate!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn Dixon

Comfort Inn Dixon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dixon
Indiana
“Great stop along the Interstate!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Traveling to Dixon for business but I would stay here anytime. Friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, comfy rooms. All good! Super close to I-88 but downtown Dixon is very close along with a shopping mall complete with a Wal-mart.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Check-in was aggravating as hell! The Hotel consists of two separate buildings.

Drove up, carried my luggage to the door, and there’s a sign on the door stating that I am at the wrong door. Front desk is in the West Wing.

I load my luggage back in the car, and drive to the West Wing. No automatic doors. It was quite windy, and I fought my way through two stiff single doors with my luggage. Check-in, and I’m told my room is in the East Wing. I said, “Are you Serious?” I have to load my luggage up again, and drive back? She changed my room to the second floor of the West Wing.

Then she told me that Breakfast is served in the East Wing. That was about all I was going to take at the time. I went to my room, looked at the floor map, and saw that my original room was next to the breakfast room and exit in the East Wing. But I was never told that. So screw the breakfast! I decided to find a restaurant near by for breakfast in the morning.

The room was nice and clean. It was a little stuffy, but the window opened, and had a screen, so the fresh air was nice. Night time was rough at first. The room doors are loose in the frames, and it was windy outside. The doors were constantly banging in the frames. I wedged a towel in the frame of my door to keep it from banging all night. I could hear others down the hall banging and thumping all night.

Medium size flat screen with a good picture, that kept shutting off every hour or so. A very small table for a work area, with one electrical outlet, and very poor lighting. The free internet was sufficient.

Bathroom was small with the sink outside, in the room. Shower was OK.

The stay was average, but constant little things to mess it up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013

For a small town, with not many options, I would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn. It's located right off the expressway & very affordable. The hotel was very clean & the room was comfortable. The free breakfast was average, but nice to have in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Auburndale, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not much choice of hotels in Dixon, Illinois but this was probably the better choice.It was extremely clean except there was a really strange, offensive odor in the foyer entering the lobby.For God's sake get an electric door or something . The entrance door is narrow and a customer struggling with more than one bag or your luggage cart has to be an 8-armed paper hanger to get into your lobby through not one single door but two. My wife is handicapped and had she been with me this would have immediately sent us elsewhere. Housekeeping forgot to leave a bath mat on second day and picked up but did not replace the towels. Than fully there was 4 towels to start.Breakfast bar gets kudos as it was fresh, clean and substantial.

Room Tip: Actually getting inside is a challenge. I would not call them handicapped friendly..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kurt B
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I apologize for the difficulties you had with our entrance doors. We have hired a contractor to install automatic double doors at the entrance of our hotel. Within the next 4-5 weeks (when the doors arrive) we will have them intalled. Please accept my apologies and I hope you will return to the hotel using our new automatic double doors. Thank you, Teresa
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Kudos to Theresa for running a spotless inn. Her friendliness was cntagious and spilled over into her employees. I watched her help new customers and handle existing customer problems with ease.. She was exttremely helpful to me when I needed assistance in the "manager's" room. You are luckly to have her.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of halls give you less hallway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles B
Thank you so much for your kind words, about me . It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. I look forward to your next visit. Teresa
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was a little nervous about this hotel given some of the recent reviews and the fact that I had just stayed in 2 other hotels the week before that were "low to mid range" too.

This hotel was very clean. The bed seemed a bit old but was still comfortable. I didn't care for the perfectly square pillows but it really wasn't a big deal. I do wish they had at least mini fridges in the rooms so I could have saved leftovers.

The hot brekfast each morning included eggs, meat of some kind and an additional item such as biscuits in gravy one day or tortillas and a scramble the next. They also offered 3 kinds of cereal, 2 types of waffle batter to make yourself, hard boiled eggs, mini doughnuts, bagels with jelly or peanut butter, oatmeal, fruit (grapes oranges and apples,) 2 kinds of yogurt and 2 types of juice, coffee, water and milk. I was very impressed and grateful as the hotels I had been at the week before had either very limited or downright crappy breakfast. I also appreciated that the eggs were keept in a refrigerator, not in a bowl on melted ice.

The business center was small but worked to print a boarding pass even with the old printer.

The cell coverage (verizon) seemed spotty as I dropped many calls whiel trying to talk inside my room, which was very frustrating. The short time I used the wifi it was fine.

I appreciated that when I commented to the front desk on check out that my stay had been noisy (I was on the bottom floor) they semed concerned.I know better than to stay on the bottom floor. I am a light sleeper and people these days don't seem to know how to walk quietly and not slam doors.

The hotel had interior corridors, which was good and is pet friendly (good and bad)

The shower had the bowed curtain so there was more space in the tuba and the water pressure was great!

I did not use the pool or spa as the first day they were draining it and I didn't have time the second day.

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Choice properties this Diamond level member has stayed at. The owner operator obviously takes pride in his facility, and keep his property maintained at the highest level. When in Dixion this is a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope you will come stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Paddle Wheel Inn
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Days Inn - Rock Falls
Days Inn - Rock Falls
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls

Been to Comfort Inn Dixon? Share your experiences!