“Nothing but five stars !”
Review of Comfort Inn Dixon

Comfort Inn Dixon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dixon
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Choice properties this Diamond level member has stayed at. The owner operator obviously takes pride in his facility, and keep his property maintained at the highest level. When in Dixion this is a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope you will come stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Dixon

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on January 19 20 also renting a room for my family,it was a not a pleasent experience at all couch with pull out sleeper was almost broken in half the front desk clerk who was by herself on friday night was all but lost.This hotel is poorly run and needs some new Management.

LDB 12

Room Tip: may want to look at Country Inn Suites in Sterling a few miles away.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I apologize for the inconvience you had experienced at our hotel. There is no excuse for any broken items. I apologize, the front desk attendant. Again, I am very sorry for what you had experienced at our hotel. We are currently in the process of remodeling our hotel. When our renovations our complete I hope you will give out hotel another chance.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was traveling with family and made a reservation online for a room that was supposed to sleep six. Got there and check in was routine, room was basic but reasonable, but when we were going to go to bed we discovered that the sofa bed that was to pull out as the third bed in the room was completely broken and unusable. Even folded up and used as a sofa the thing was pretty much worse for the wear, but when we pulled it out and it just collapsed it was quite a surprise. On top of that, we found some of the broken parts of the frame placed neatly underneath. So, it was the middle of the night and I called the front desk to report this. It turns out that the clerks were aware of this but allowed us to check in without mentioning it. Soon enough the night clerk wheeled up a roll away bed (letting us know that there would be no additional charge - wow, thanks!), which looked like something from WWII army surplus. It was a tiny, sway-backed looking thing, but it served its purpose for the one night we were there. The next morning at check out I was asked if everything was okay. I told the clerk that it was generally fine, but described the problem with the obviously broken sofa bed. She also knew about this and went into some detail about how these beds were on back order and they've been broken for a long time, etc. She finally did reduce an already high nightly rate by $25 and said that's all she could do. She said she would make a note to have the manager contact me about the problem. It has now been over two weeks and no one has contacted me, nor do I really expect to be contacted. The staff acted like having run down, broken furniture in a room was a normal part of the operation and did not seem to appreciate my frustration about paying top dollar for a room that was materially deficient. Other travelers may want to give this place a try because it is not bad overall. I will not return because I do expect some modicum of genuine regard for a customer's comfort and convenience. That's why these places exist, isn't it?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank docboar
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for communicating your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies concerning the conditions of your room. I can assure you this is not commonplace nor is it the accepted standard for our hotel. I have discussed the problems you encountered during your stay, with our Maintenance Engineer and we are working to correct those problems in the hopes that this will prevent future guests from experiencing a similar environment during their stay with us. We are purchasing more sofa sleepers and they are placed on backorder. This is no excuse for the front desk not letting you know at the time of check in. I also apologize for not contacting you sooner. I was unaware of this situation, had I known I would have contacted you as soon as the problem arose. Thank you

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed here more than once. It is pleasant enough and serviceable, and things were pretty clean. The hotel's layout can be a little confusing, since the buildings are not all connected. The breakfast, while pretty standard for Comfort Inns, was replenished pretty frequently (a good thing, since a team of young men was staying there and they could eat). We enjoy hanging out in the pool area in the evenings.

Room Tip: Handicap access could be an issue, so I recommend a ground-floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding along with other family members. We had rooms booked throughout the hotel.They were all nice and clean. I'm pretty picky about hotels and I was very pleased. Everything from the lobby to the breakfast area was very nice. It was a very nice hotel.The Staff was nice and helpful also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The rates at this hotel on the website for the Tuesday night I checked, for 1 adult start at $104. I've paid far less at better hotels in major cities. I did look at the pool upon check in and was eager to relax in it, but all my time was eaten up fooling around with the wifi connection, with no cooperation from the uncaring, stiff desk clerk. After calling the wifi provider, he determined that several access points were bad and needed work. (No help for me) The clerk told me to sit in the lobby to do my work and offered no discount for the trouble, as they have at other locations.
There was no microwave or fridge in my room, and when I asked about them, they said they could move me to a room with them for another $7. funny they could move me for more money, but would not move me closer to one of the working wifi access points.
Choice privileges mean nothing to these people, as a Diamond member with over 145 stays in 8 months, I at least expect a smile when I check in, and usually a free room upgrade when available.(which apparently it was, but for $7 more)
Nothing special about breakfast.
Rooms were clean, but that should be standard.
VERY disappointed, wont be back. If you can keep driving to the next town, or stop in the previous one, you will be wiser than I.
Maybe the GM Teresa Maynard will comment on why the rates are so high here in this public forum, when I got a better room in Kodak TN right by Dollywood for $67.99 (much friendlier staff also)

Room Tip: Check your wifi connection before accepting your room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just passing through Illinois waiting for a load for our tractor trailer and held up due to the receiver when we had to lay over in the area for 2 days. Was given advice to stay at the Comfort Inn. Took the advice and are sure glad we did. The place was spotless. Every employee we met could not have been more helpful, nice and cheerful. Had the opportunity to actually meet the owner, Mr. Hill and he took the time to sit down and talk to us. He's built many,many hotels and all of his employees just love him. Serve a great warm breakfast. We will definetly stay there again if we are in the area. Thank you all for the great stay. Ron and Jennifer Webber

Room Tip: Room size is perfect, nice and bright during the day and dark at night, no noise,
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Falls
Days Inn - Rock Falls
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls
Super 8 Rock Falls Sterling Area
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Comfort Inn Dixon? Share your experiences!