“Excellent food, but last time I was there they did not split checks.”

Basil Tree Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Dixon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for the lunch buffet several times and it is really good. I haven't been back because they do not split the checks (unless the waiter does it by hand). This makes it difficult when you are dining with co-workers or friends.

I enjoy the dinner menu. Sometimes the service is slow, but the food is good so I can ignore that most of the time.

1  Thank Jennifer L

Reviewed January 4, 2014

well we was home visiting the ole ladies family in the area and they wanted to take us to one of them upper scale dining establishments in the town of the birthplace of the greatest american ever to live, Ronad Reagan. I must say this hear place aint to shabby for being in the middle of nowhere northern illinois. they blended true italian cuisine with american italian quiet well and of course they had olive oil and bread...so the ole lady love the place.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch travelling thru Dixon due to great reviews on Trip Advisor. Absolutely loved it - excellent waitress, cozy yet elegant Italian decor, delicious minestrone & Caesar salad, & the best squash ravioli off my life - they tint the homemade pasta w calamari ink, how cool is that. Reasonable prices & perfectly sized portions. It was the ideal dining experience on all levels - I want to go back at night for a romantic evening.

1  Thank WIFoodie1234
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Last night we ate there and it was amazing. I had the paesano sauce with fettuccini and it was one best meals ever. My husband had chicken franchese and my daughter had spaghetti Bolognese. All were very good but the paesano was the best. Excellent service and atmosphere. What a treat!

1  Thank Marlene412
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I met a friend in Dixon yesterday for lunch and was very pleasantly surprised by the Basil Tree Ristorante. We shared the bruschetta, which was fresh and tasty, and also had a dinner salad and manicotti. The salad dressing was fantastic! The manicotti also had a great taste. Our waiter was very attentive and the dining room was very nice. I would definitely return! Free parking too! :-)