“Amazing!”

Basil Tree Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Dixon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Davis, Illinois
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Last night we ate there and it was amazing. I had the paesano sauce with fettuccini and it was one best meals ever. My husband had chicken franchese and my daughter had spaghetti Bolognese. All were very good but the paesano was the best. Excellent service and atmosphere. What a treat!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marlene412

iowa
“A delicious surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I met a friend in Dixon yesterday for lunch and was very pleasantly surprised by the Basil Tree Ristorante. We shared the bruschetta, which was fresh and tasty, and also had a dinner salad and manicotti. The salad dressing was fantastic! The manicotti also had a great taste. Our waiter was very attentive and the dining room was very nice. I would definitely return! Free parking too! :-)

Visited November 2013
Illinois
“Awesome food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently attended a rehearsal dinner in the lower level banquet room. The food was great and the servers were fast and friendly. I can't wait to take my parents here when they come home from TN.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and atmosphere! Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped on way from Iowa to Chicago. What a wonderful surprise! Hidden gem! Delicious food especially the creme brulee for dessert. Worth the trip!

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth the 104 Mile Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the chance to visit Dixon, Illinois mid-week to see some of tourist attractions. While I was down by the river I asked a fisherman where was a good place to eat and he recommended Basil Tree Ristorante. He couldn't remember the name of the place, but he said : "Its up the heel" (hill).

I decided to try it out.

The building is ancient and has had many tenants an businesses throughout its life. Entrance is through a beautiful hardwood door. The atmosphere is very dim inside. Too dark to get a decent picture without using the flash. The interior decor looks fabulous. I didn't hear any piped in music playing the night I dined here.

The night I was there, there were two waiters and one waitress working.

I ordered a 7/7, Minestrone Soup, Steak and potato. A bread basket was also brought out. I had the Tiramisu (cake) for desert.

The bread was fresh and served hot.
The drink wasn't too strong, but not to weak either...just right.
The soup was good and served piping hot.
The NY Steak I ordered medium well and it was prepared to my liking, and it tasted out of this world. Very soft & tender and juicy. It was seasoned just right.

It is without a doubt the second best steak I've ever eaten.

The desert was very tastey..

Service was good, and the portions were not rushed out of the kitchen. Overall I think I was there about 75 minutes, perhaps? My bill came to around $42.00

There is no parking lot, but there is plenty of (free -no meters) street parking to be had.

I would definately eat here again If I am ever in Dixon or passing by on I-88.

• Visited July 2013