“Great lunch buffet”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Everything on the buffet was well cooked, flavorful and authentic. Service was very attentive, and the dining room had a ton of character.

There are newer reviews for Basil Tree Ristorante

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an early (4 PM) Monday night dinner here. We are not from the area. We are just spending the night while passing through. We saw the excellent reviews for this place here on TripAdvisor and thought we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed!

The calamari appetizer was terrific! It was lightly breaded and was cooked just-right. I didn't encounter a single tough piece. My wife had the Angel Hair pasta in a marinara sauce with basil...and I had the lasagna. We both thought our entrees were very tasty...and we both left with leftovers.

I really liked the atmosphere. The decor is, of course, what one would sort of expect for an Italian restaurant, but it is done in a very fresh, classy way, that doesn't feel old or stuffy. And I really enjoyed hearing Sinatra sing Christmas songs over dinner.

The price of the meal was very reasonable, for this level of food! Who knew one could find such a terrific place in the middle of a small town! Wish we had this place back in Kansas City!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I just had my third dinner at Basil Street. It is a nice restaurant for Dixon. It appears to have a local customer base, as well people like us that are driving through. The wait staff is very attentive and always has recommendations. The a tad over the top, the decor adds to its intimate charm. The calamari has been good on all three visits, particularly the sauce. This time I attempted the NY Steak. That is the only meal that I don't recommend, as I didn't think that the quality was very good. I did enjoy the mushrooms that they serve on top of it. The chicken parmesan and pasta dishes have been very good in the past. It is definitely worth a visit when in Dixon.

1  Thank GuysChi
Reviewed October 14, 2012

ON our way to Macomb we stopped into Dixon to find lunch. Instead we found an restaurant that doesn't skimp on quality or taste ! We enjoyed their lunch buffet on a Friday, and returned for Sunday dinner on our way back ! We tried different dishes each time. Our table barely spoke except for the "MMMM" as we savored every bite. This is southern Italian at it's best. I just wish I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get there...which we are doing again !! All sauces are delicious but not overpowering to whatever they are are added to. the veal was tender, the pastas fantastic....and it all reminded me of my Italian (Napolitan) grandmother's cooking! Favolos! Fantastico!

2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Basil tree is a smaller resturant, so if your doing a weekend dinner i would reserve a table. I personally think the best bang for your buck is their lunch buffet, it includes salad and soups and about 4-5 different pastas and/or meats (they switch it up daily). It is under ten dollars a person and my 6 year old eats half price. 11am-2pm. I'm hungry just talking about it!!

1  Thank lelo113