“Fabulous southern Italian food”

Basil Tree Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Dixon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Fabulous southern Italian food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

ON our way to Macomb we stopped into Dixon to find lunch. Instead we found an restaurant that doesn't skimp on quality or taste ! We enjoyed their lunch buffet on a Friday, and returned for Sunday dinner on our way back ! We tried different dishes each time. Our table barely spoke except for the "MMMM" as we savored every bite. This is southern Italian at it's best. I just wish I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get there...which we are doing again !! All sauces are delicious but not overpowering to whatever they are are added to. the veal was tender, the pastas fantastic....and it all reminded me of my Italian (Napolitan) grandmother's cooking! Favolos! Fantastico!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Joanne M

Dixon, Illinois
“try lunch buffet”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Basil tree is a smaller resturant, so if your doing a weekend dinner i would reserve a table. I personally think the best bang for your buck is their lunch buffet, it includes salad and soups and about 4-5 different pastas and/or meats (they switch it up daily). It is under ten dollars a person and my 6 year old eats half price. 11am-2pm. I'm hungry just talking about it!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lelo113
Princeville, Illinois
“Fantastic food service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for lunch, recommend bruschetta & fettuccine Alfredo. Great service, awesome atmosphere! This is truly a wonderful dining experience. If you're anywhere near Dixon Illinois I highly recommend stopping by!

1 Thank wolfepack4
Bloomington, Wisconsin
“A gem in the heart or heartland”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the minute we walked in the door we knew we had made the right dinner choice. Great decor, lowlight and great music. And Erica our waitress is the best. Well informed, an ambassador for the city and just a nice person.
Homemade bread, great salads and a shrimp and mozzarella cheese appetizer.
I had a homemade paste with cream sauce that included prosciutto, mushrooms and peas. Did I mention the sauce?
I love this place, a reason besides the Reagan boyhood home to visit Dixon.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank InterestedMarine
Northern Illinois & Puerto Vallarta, MX.
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Love eating there, everything is made fresh and is delicioso! Only complaint is that it is a small dining room and you are seated close to other tables, but quality of food makes up for that. Owner is a great guy.

Visited July 2012