“Nice Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband took me here for our anniversary and we had very kind service. The food was very good. We were also given a dessert to celebrate our anniversary, and that was a nice touch.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant has excellent food.My experience was that it mostly had a base of pasta throughout the menu,but it was superior tasting food and a Very friendly and helpful staff and owner.A tad bit pricey,but worth the price and a nice decor.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time. The bread with olive oil and parmajan cheese started things. The soups were excellant but the main course selected was unbelievable. I don't know what they did to the flank steak to make it that great but for $15. there was more than I could eat and I am a serious eater. The two ladies who were serving both had a great sense of humor and made the experience just a little more enjoyable. The selection on the menu was more than adequate for any preference in diet so would be an enjoyable experience for anyone. It was more than I would have ever expected in a small city like Dixon.

1  Thank 1_Illinois_traveler
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We just had the most wonderful evening at Basil Tree, celebrating an 80th birthday. The celebration was in the special party room downstairs (hidden stairway behind the bookcase!) The food was exceptional, the service perfect. There were 20+ in our party. We could have driven hours in any direction (including Chicago), and not found a more accommodating staff or more delicious food. Thank you so much for making our event above and beyond anything we could have asked for. This restaurant is worth driving long distances for. Stand up and cheer, Dixon, you've got a real treasure in your town.

2  Thank MDglenellyn
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times for lunch and have had the lunch buffet. This was the first time to order off of the menu. We went there on a Saturday night and made a reservation - sure glad we did that. It got quite busy right after we got there. The food and service was great. I only wish I knew more about Italian food so I would know what is on the menu.

1  Thank Kurt G