“Good experience”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Bucharest, Romania
“Good experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been staying there due to missing some connection and i could say it was a nice experience.
Very convenient situated near a casino you can have drinks at any time as long as you could have fun. Room was clean, nice, big. Beds were comfortable, pillows were goods.
Yet the wake up call was i little late as i was with the shuttle but they were very nice and ask the shuttle to return as i was just missed it with few seconds.

Over all a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were glad to read that your experience with us was a positive one and that your wakeup call and our shuttle did not cause you to any further delays in getting to your destination.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Ed Brunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

the courtyard is in a great location if you want to be close to the airport. room was clean and updated with a comfortable bed, no complaints except that the freeway is right near te hotel. I could hear the traffic all night - even with ear plugs. The good news is that that was the only noise you could hear. Overall the room was quiet, staff was friendly enough. There is no free breakfast though. :(
I would stay here again but ask for a room away from the highway and bring money for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for sharing your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare with our TripAdvisor followers. We truly appreciate your positive comments and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Chicago land Area.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott!
All the best,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2013

For a Courtyard it's better than many. Hotel has the new lobby renovation that Marriott has been doing and the room was nicer than many. Room felt newer and cleaner than a lot of aging Courtyards. I will definitely stay here again when staying by ORD.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were glad to read that your experience with us was a positive one and the you found our staff to friendly and helpful!
We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the area.
Warm Regards,
Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've spent 25 nights in Mariott properties this year. This Courtyard had the most helpful and friendly employees without exception. The shuttle service was so convenient, it made the entire visit much easier. The room was clean, the food service was good, and the pool was nice.

• Stayed August 2013
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your 5 out of 5 TripAdvisor Rating! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor Friends and Followers and look forward to your return.

Thank you again for choosing Marriot!

All the best!
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had the worst customer service I have ever had in my life by a young man named Jude. His manager was rude and unhelpful. The maids failed to clean my room TWICE during my week long stay. They attempted to blame it on me, even though I NEVER put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. I never do because I love the luxury of walking into a perfect room at the end of a long day. They did very little to apologize and said I should understand they are short staffed and it may have been overlooked, IF I infact didn't hang the DO NOT DISTURB sign. I found the total experience devalued the Marriott and my experience. I am a business man and I would never treat any of my clients the way I was treated.
I am not even sure of the employees names because they were not wearing name tags, I believe the one was Jude and the other was Ed.

I hope they are reading this along with their superior.

Room Tip: If a young man with out a name tag tries to check you in ask for a manager.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us. Unfortunately, I personally don't recall having to address a service failure as describe in your review nor do we have anyone by the name of Jude on our team. In view of the seriousness of your comments, I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay with you directly. An experience of this nature is not the level of service we want our guest to experience. I can be reached at 847-824-7000.
Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you directly.
Respectfully,
Little Wilbraham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been staying with some lovely friends in the USA and as I flew into O'Hare airport thought that I would check in here and visit the city of Chicago on my way home. Very good choice of hotel; weather not so good which has messed up plans somewhat, but that's another tale. The hotel is spotlessly clean and is near to a huge complex which has a casino and numerous bars and restaurants that I have yet to try out. I had dinner in the hotel last night and it was very good, just like a diner with a fairly basic menu, but I never went away hungry..!! Food and drink are a little pricey but very tasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review of your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We're glad to read that you enjoyed your visit to the city and look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to Chicago!
All the Best
United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although they have an airport shuttle, I personally would not consider this an "airport hotel". It is about 5 miles away, and it is a bit of a ride to the airport. The property seemed large and uninviting. There was an odd smell in the lobby which seemed to come from the food counter/bar they have. The rooms were average size, but the beds were horrible. Bad sheets, bad pillows and the bed was too soft for me, although the rooms were clean.

The only bright spot was the staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time write a TripAdvisor review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us did not meet your expectation of an airport hotel. Your comments will be shared with our team so that together, we can create a better experience for customers such as yourself.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again in the near future!
All the best!
The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#6 of 18 in Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Courtyard Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!